If the weather permits I'm going to try and get my seats fitted tomorrow.

Quick question, is there a specific torque setting for the seat mount bolts under the van?

I went for 40nm, some posts state 30nm for the seat belts and front seats so it felt sensible.

Did you get chance to look at the inertia reel reinforcement on your mates van?

Don't guess chaps, that info is already posted in this thread:

Torque settings

:thumbsup:

Well what an absolute pig of a job that was!

Got the holes all marked out and drilled, then went under the van to fix everything down.

I had to remove the nearside undertray, lower the exhaust down, lower the fuel tank down, remove the handbrake linkages and then remove the huge heatsheild to get it done. After lots of swearing and little breaks (working lying on my back looking up was knocking me sick) I got all the bolts tightened up! Cut the rubber mat and slotted the seats in! Was proper chuffed when they just clipped in!

Got the offside upper seat belt mount to drill out and install then I can bolt all the seatbelts in!

Don't guess chaps, that info is already posted in this thread:

Torque settings

:thumbsup:

I did them to 55 and gave them a little extra to make sure! I don't want to be going back under the van anytime soon to nip them up! :rofl:

If anyone needs Kombi seats supplied and fitted please give me a ring. We have many in stock including T6 2+1 seats and the 3 single seat set up.
All genuine parts used, all work carried out while you wait and fitting certificate provided for your insurance.
We have been carrying out VW T5 and T6 Kombi and Caravelle seat conversions for over 10 years now, we are very proud of our reputation, relying on recommendations, and we trade as Oxford T5.
Colin 07799 626310

I've got all the part numbers for the seatbelt fixings now, including the L shaped reinforcement brackets for behind the inertia wheel. They are only £7 each and I'll post them with pics when they arrive on Tuesday.
Do you have details on the inertia reel reinforcement brackets ? Part number and possibly a picture. Thanks

Am changing my 3 seat bench for 2+1 in my factory T6 Kombi, have bought the seats and interior floor brackets but would like confirmation of how many and what type (long or short) of underfloor reinforcement brackets I need please?
As I already have four existing central brackets my understanding is that I need to fix six additional brackets, two below the offside side window and four on the near side adjacent to the sliding door? Again could somebody please confirm this?
I’ve ringed what I believe to be the additional six brackets required in the photo with the two existing ones marked by arrows, again can somebody please just confirm this is correct?
I already have the seatbelts fitted so it’s just the floor brackets I need help with please.5CA56C25-1340-401A-9766-8F35D2C79C76.jpeg

Am changing my 3 seat bench for 2+1 in my factory T6 Kombi, have bought the seats and interior floor brackets but would like confirmation of how many and what type (long or short) of underfloor reinforcement brackets I need please?
As I already have four existing central brackets my understanding is that I need to fix six additional brackets, two below the offside side window and four on the near side adjacent to the sliding door? Again could somebody please confirm this?
I’ve ringed what I believe to be the additional six brackets required in the photo with the two existing ones marked by arrows, again can somebody please just confirm this is correct?
I already have the seatbelts fitted so it’s just the floor brackets I need help with please.View attachment 113658

Yes that looks good to me.

Four new brackets to the left hand side of the van for the single seat.
The double will reuse the left of the four brackets you currently have but will require the two brackets to the extreme right.

You will also need 8 of the single underside reinforcement brackets (4 of each type/part no) for the extreme left & right fore and aft brackets.

Yes that looks good to me.

Four new brackets to the left hand side of the van for the single seat.
The double will reuse the left of the four brackets you currently have but will require the two brackets to the extreme right.

You will also need 8 of the single underside reinforcement brackets (4 of each type/part no) for the extreme left & right fore and aft brackets.

Brilliant, thanks for confirming that, really appreciate it, so again just to confirm I need 4x No1 and 4x No2 of the brackets in the photo?

0D39A000-807C-4B45-8D55-C5480245EC9C.jpeg

Brilliant, thanks for confirming that, really appreciate it, so again just to confirm I need 4x No1 and 4x No2 of the brackets in the photo?

View attachment 113687

You shouldn't need any #1 as your current four centre seat brackets should each use half of one of those already. You'll need 4 × #2 and 4 × #3 (the black singles you haven't numbered).

Essentially, you need two silver single for each extreme LH bracket and two black single for each extreme RH bracket.

Last edited:
You shouldn't need any #1 as your current four centre seat brackets should use half of one of those already. You'll need 4 × #2 and 4 × #3 (the black singles you haven't numbered).

Essentially, you need two silver single for each extreme LH bracket and two black single for each extreme RH bracket.

Once again thanks so much for this information, really appreciate it

Hi Guys, Great info in here.
Just bought a 5.1 and started the process of fitting 2+1 in the front.
Had a butchers underneath, to see whats what.
Found these little fittings, that i'm not familiar with.
Can some one tell me if they unscrew, pop off?? Don't want to break them doing the wrong thing.
Cheers.

2619EDF3-859A-41FE-B697-38C15D2398F9_1_105_c.jpeg

If you can get them off without breaking them, then you’re a better man than me !
I think they are treated as disposable items.

Pete

If you can get them off without breaking them, then you’re a better man than me !
I think they are treated as disposable items.

Pete
Use a set of internal circlip pliers in the grooves/cut outs to unscrew them. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the detailed install information.
Does anyone from Australia have experience with installing vw kombi 1+1+1 seats?
I cant source them here so was looking to import from UK ( with all fittings and belts) and get certification done locally by an auto engineer?
Would probably install them myself unless needs to be done by licensed installer for cert.
I've heard some horror stories about getting mods passed through gov roadworthy inspections.
The transporter is AUD $20k cheaper than a multivan here and no shuttle models available.
Local installers want about AUD $5k to install Aus made Safetech seats 1+2 which I think is a ridiculous price for a days work?

im doing the 3x single kombi install which requires 12 floor brackets.

am i right in saying i need:

4x 7H0 803 547A underneath angled bracket (silver)
4x 7H0 803 548A same as above but reversed (black)
8x 7H0 802 763A underneath large chassis rail bracket which links 2 brackets together.

many thanks

im doing the 3x single kombi install which requires 12 floor brackets.

am i right in saying i need:

4x 7H0 803 547A underneath angled bracket (silver)
4x 7H0 803 548A same as above but reversed (black)
8x 7H0 802 763A underneath large chassis rail bracket which links 2 brackets together.

many thanks

Yes, that's correct. :thumbsup:

Once you have the centres, mark 55mm either way of the vertical line, you see that the centres of the mounts are 110mm, pilot drill, then 10mm drill hole to accommodate the mounts. Spray the holes with some spray to protect the metal work!!

View attachment 2285
Glad I found this thread ,I want to get a tsi,only seen one kombi van so going to have to make my own ,this is a great reference point to refer back to when doing the conversion ,want to do the 2+1 so I can take the 1 out to get a motorbike in if I want

Glad I found this thread ,I want to get a tsi,only seen one kombi van so going to have to make my own ,this is a great reference point to refer back to when doing the conversion ,want to do the 2+1 so I can take the 1 out to get a motorbike in if I want
Then you've made a very handy find........you should find nearly everything you need in this thread. :thumbsup:

Back