Motormax Vw T6 Rvc Woes Please Help!

Dubber_Mike

I’m hoping one of you technically minded gurus can help me out as I've spent 3 days trying to get this reversing camera installed with no joy!

So here goes, bought s VW T6 RVC from Motormax a few weeks ago in the hope of fitting it to my T6. I have the Discovery +Navi head unit so it should be pretty straight forward.... Fitted the harness as follows:

Ignition live from fuse box
Gnd to one of the existing earth points on the floor pan under the dash.
CAN Low to pin 6 of grey connector block as per the Motormax instructions.
CAN High to pin 12 in same block
Blue cable to reverse feed from rear reverse light (Black and green) in rear light cluster.
Now here’s where it gets messy, the camera cable was supplied with an RCA connector which is no good for the head unit connector block as it doesn’t have an RCA input so after speaking to a tech guy at Motormax he advised me to cut the socket off and split the cable with the centre feed and Outer coax braid going to pins 6& 12 in the blue connector block. This I’m told would work fine!

I then coded the unit using VCDS ensuring that the relevant check boxes in 5F Byte 19 bit 4 was checked and also coding 10 to ensure the RVC was checked, all coding was accepted.

The problem I have is that I’m
Getting no feed from the camera, I’ve swapped the two camera cables around in the block but still nothing, I have waited for a Motormax tech guy to call me back on 3 separate occasions but still haven’t had a call.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? I’m betting on the RCA cable bodge being the issue but Motormax say they do it frequently with no issues.

Any help or steer wold be very gratefully received!

Mike

Back