Reversing camera stopped working after headunit removed

Pulling my hair out with this. Have a T6 with a retrofit vw composition headunit that has CarPlay enabled and a genuine reversing camera. Recently the touchscreen went (common problem) so I removed the unit and sent if off to have a new touchscreen fitted by a guy who has done a previous unit for me that had the same issue! Anyway I got it back and plugged everything back in and all is working now except when I put it in reverse the camera isn’t showing, only a black screen at the side where the camera used to show! The guy assured me he didn’t do any coding (as it was already unlocked) and I have no reason to doubt him.

Carista confirms the camera should be enabled but it does through up a fault about reversing camera signal?

Surely it won’t need recoding just because it was unplugged, or does it?

Any advice welcome.

If the camera wiring has been retrofitted to the quadlock connector I’d check that the pins are located correctly and haven’t pushed out of the block as you’ve pushed the quadlock in place

Looking online am I correct in thinking it should connect to the blues connector of the quadlock pins 6 and 12? It is aftermarket fitted and I can see a black and a clear cable going not them both.

I have noticed that pin 12 on the back of the headunit seems to be slightly recessed i.e. Doesn’t stick up as far as all the other connectors is this normal?

Checked the above wiring and all looks secure into the blue connector so still no joy, any other ideas? On Carista the message fault wording was ‘rear camera’, is that the same as reversing camera?

I notice there are 2 more wires plugged into pins 1 and 7 of the blue connector, does anyone know what they would be for as well?

1 and 7 is the hands free microphone input

Back