Mattress for Skyline Aurora

Deanfitz82

VIP Member
Hi guys hope all’s well just a quick one my vans in getting a skyline Aurora roof fitted just wondering what’s people’s opinion on mattress’s do I have to go with the skyline £80 one or is there others available any help is appreciated

Hi. Interested in people's answer to this as well as I've got an Aurora on the way. I've gone with the mattress - not sure it's the best option but from what I've read you can't get away with thicker if you intend to leave it up there when the roof is closed. Self-inflating might be the way to go but it's obviously a faff. Thought we'd see how the kids get on with it and potentially add a topper.

PS Apart from not wanting to be an early adopter or knowing when it'll be generally available the Skylow(?) was a no-no for me because I was told it won't accommodate a mattress at all when closed, much as I prefer the lower profile.

Forget the Skyline mattress, it is useless (or at least the one I tried out for a weekend was) too thin and the foam was too compressable (memory foam allegedly) so it just went flat beneath you.
I gave it back and have gone with a cheap inflatable Decathlon mattress instead, far more comfortable.
You can get stuff sent from Decathlon to your local Asda store on a free click & collect basis.

It is possible to leave the air mattress up in the roof, just fold in the edges so it clears the gas strut mounts either side of the bed.
It is the perfect width for the Aurora, slightly long (especially when deflated) but with an electric pump it is up in no time (I inflate it upside down with the valve in the roof access hole then roll it over end on end so the flock side is uppermost and the valve is down at the foot end. Reverse to deflate and then fold edges in and front end back over the bed board then put the roof down)

See this thread here

Back