Which Skyline pop-top: original or Aurora?

Looking good, looks slimmer in white. I have lights to fit also, next weekend's job.
How did they finish the rear inside roof over the back tailgate/bed board ? Mine seems to be a bit of hardboard covered in carpet but it doesn’t fit too well. You can see the silver screws in the last pic! Not sure if this is standard or not. Might have to look at boxing it in better.
I haven’t had mine finished off inside. I’m doing it myself. But I did look in one of the vans there. Micheal said they use the hardboard cutdown off the original ceiling covered in carpet. I took these pics. I guess the same as yours.

4CAC11DE-9C31-481C-9EB5-B4861B0114F3.jpeg

3DE2EF28-1CA1-4E73-A301-A19DE9D34C92.jpeg

I used the original roof panel and cut it to fit then carpeted and mounted it with these screws from gallant (needed to drill holes in the panel and the metal)

Can just about see it in the top left of the picture here.

1E176C21-AC2E-4EF6-AFF5-AAD8FA14C827.jpeg

I haven’t had mine finished off inside. I’m doing it myself. But I did look in one of the vans there. Micheal said they use the hardboard cutdown off the original ceiling covered in carpet. I took these pics. I guess the same as yours.

View attachment 144179

View attachment 144180
Thanks for the pic , put my mind at rest as that’s exactly as mine is! Not sure how to deal with it yet, doesn’t look bad but boxed in somehow would look better, on the list! Got to remove it anyhow to run the light cables so some black self tappers will be getting used when refitting it.

I used the original roof panel and cut it to fit then carpeted and mounted it with these screws from gallant (needed to drill holes in the panel and the metal)

Can just about see it in the top left of the picture here.

View attachment 144190
Thanks for the info, I have a box of them trim clips so might try them

I’ve put down a deposit for a Skyline Aurora, didn’t fancy the extra expense of the Skylow and I’m hearing reports that nothing can be stored up top. Does anyone sleep with their head at the back of the roof i.e the lower end when the roof is up? I have the option to go with an SCA but it doesn’t look as good as the Skyline and you don’t get a hard hatch.
I’m also keen on the Orange canvas but even Skyline themselves say that you get dazzled by light at the crack of dawn. Seem like all the bright colours have this problem.

Thoughts would be appreciated:)

I’ve put down a deposit for a Skyline Aurora, didn’t fancy the extra expense of the Skylow and I’m hearing reports that nothing can be stored up top. Does anyone sleep with their head at the back of the roof i.e the lower end when the roof is up? I have the option to go with an SCA but it doesn’t look as good as the Skyline and you don’t get a hard hatch.
I’m also keen on the Orange canvas but even Skyline themselves say that you get dazzled by light at the crack of dawn. Seem like all the bright colours have this problem.

I was going to go orange canvas , as I have orange on my van. Ended up going black as i thought the orange would be light early on a morning.
Still wish I’d probably gone orange. But I like the black.

I was going to go orange canvas , as I have orange on my van. Ended up going black as i thought the orange would be light early on a morning.
Still wish I’d probably gone orange. But I like the black.
I’m so tempted with Orange but have a 3yr old who will probably not like the sun coming in so early…

EF53CAD8-DA45-430F-8D03-D1014593274F.jpeg

IMG_20211218_100756.jpg

We have a red one and if we hit problems with the light intend on getting one of these:

Having previously hired one with a grey canvas I'm not sure there's a whole lot of difference in the amount of light gets through, just the colour!

Here’s ours with the black , sorry about the crap photo. I can’t take a decent one on our drive.

2A8DE11C-2255-41DE-8930-3FE4FDC0FFE4.jpeg

You may struggle with mattress storage in an Aurora, one of the reasons I went for a standard.

You may struggle with mattress storage in an Aurora, one of the reasons I went for a standard.
So… This is what I’m trying to understand.

The Aurora seems to be bigger on top of the van, but yet won’t hold a mattress like the standard will. Where is the space going? Does the standard roof take up more head space in the van?

I have an Aurora, BTW.

My kids (8 & 3) sleep with their heads at the narrow end. They’re totally fine with it. As an adult, I wouldn’t.

I store my 25mm mattress up top in my Aurora roof plus my external screen , no problemo. :cool:

I store my 25mm mattress up top in my Aurora roof plus my external screen , no problemo. :cool:
What do you mean by external screen?

I should give that a try. See if I can get the pop top cover or some more bedding up there.

What do you mean by external screen?

I should give that a try. See if I can get the pop top cover or some more bedding up there.
Soz, didn't explain that very well, the external thermal screen cover for the front windscreen/side windows.

Back