Pop Top Bed - My Solution, It Works ( For Me)..,

James1000

T6 Guru
My requirements were a mattress which could go flat / be left in roof space / fit the space when inflated / be comfortable / cheapish but comfort a priority so.......,

I have found this 200x120x17cm inflatable bed - yes inflatable not self inflating so I can deflate to nothing. It’s flocked and it’s really quite comfortable, it fits exactly so ticks ✅ all the boxes for me hence sharing it
Oh and inflates in 1’20”!!3B668AF2-AE28-4252-9517-ED2A75524117.jpeg0FCC01DE-A4A6-4B63-BF7C-60B87B0A30F3.jpeg

Photos hopefully make sense

35 - Hiking - AIR COMFORT MATTRESS | 120 CM

My requirements were a mattress which could go flat / be left in roof space / fit the space when inflated / be comfortable / cheapish but comfort a priority so.......,

I have found this 200x120x17cm inflatable bed - yes inflatable not self inflating so I can deflate to nothing. It’s flocked and it’s really quite comfortable, it fits exactly so ticks ✅ all the boxes for me hence sharing it
Oh and inflates in 1’20”!!View attachment 46138View attachment 46139

Cracking find that:thumbsup: may be picking up one of those myself.

Hi, fella i ordered one of these, but it's massive like 2.5m long i am strugling to get it in a LWB pop top. is yours that long or have i got a dud and need to exchange it?

Thanks in advance

Tiff

I have one and it shortens as it inflates! The chambers go from being flat to round, which pulls the mattress in to make it shorter.

I have one and it’s slightly too long, but is usable in my Austops roof.

I'm using one of the Decathlon beds as well.
Fits perfectly width wise in my Skyline Aurora, one beam sits over the end of the bed board length ways but I can live with that, with the slider closed a little it's not an issue.
I flip it over end to end when it's deflated so the valve is at the front and fold the sides in to clear any fixtures and fittings that might puncture it.
This way the valve sits in the hole so its not squashed by the closed roof.

Looks like a good idea. We bought a California vango self inflating mattress last year but at only 50mm thick it’s not the comfiest.

Thanks for adding to confirmation I knew it was good - I have 3 boards I slide around so can access the valve at the back but each conversion is different - I wish I had a slider

I'm using one of the Decathlon beds as well.
Fits perfectly width wise in my Skyline Aurora, one beam sits over the end of the bed board length ways but I can live with that, with the slider closed a little it's not an issue.
I flip it over end to end when it's deflated so the valve is at the front and fold the sides in to clear any fixtures and fittings that might puncture it.
This way the valve sits in the hole so its not squashed by the closed roof.

Is this the one you got? Anyone know if it will fit a WestDubs LWB pop top?? Thanks!

7918CF15-1271-4122-98F2-6C266A6A590A.png

I assume you mean width because is length going to be an issue ? I have no idea if a LWB bed is longer but surely as long as you have 120cm width you’ll be fine

Back