Which Skyline pop-top: original or Aurora?

Standard roof in the end with burgundy scenic canvas, think standard looks better after seeing an Aurora in the flesh........Its ready to collect now but I cannot get up till tomorrow :(
Did you get your van today ? Hope all was well when you picked it up ? I’m picking mine up tomorrow.

View attachment 143830View attachment 143830Yes mate collected this afternoon. Pleased with result, was a bit nervous with canvas colour! But it looks good. Looking at new alloys and side bars now !! It never ends! seen your van in there today
The van looks mint . A Friend of mine has the same colour van and canvass as yours. Have you looked for a mattress yet ? That’s the next thing for me ?
Wheels ! it never ends what you after ?

The van looks mint . A Friend of mine has the same colour van and canvass as yours. Have you looked for a mattress yet ? That’s the next thing for me ?
Wheels ! it never ends what you after ?
I got the vango inflatable from skyline. Not tried it yet but it can be stored in roof all the time which is a bonus. Looking at a set of 20 navis. Twin 5 in silver. Just need to sell another kidney!!

E5A5CE84-6949-449C-8E35-D3E75021E378.jpeg

Picked my van up today. Happy with the roof. Drove 30m down the motorway no creaks or anything. I think if it was going to blow about of anything today would be a good test as it was very windy. I also got the same mattress today. Self inflating.

October 2019, it was one of the first Auroras, The canvas was a special order with the old shaped windows and the front clear window zips out with mesh on the outside like the sides.

Looks well I’m pretty happy with mine I’ve just got to carpet the insides. And put the lights in.

View attachment 144061

View attachment 144062

View attachment 144063
Looking good, looks slimmer in white. I have lights to fit also, next weekend's job.
How did they finish the rear inside roof over the back tailgate/bed board ? Mine seems to be a bit of hardboard covered in carpet but it doesn’t fit too well. You can see the silver screws in the last pic! Not sure if this is standard or not. Might have to look at boxing it in better.

Back