Lowering Advice - Ex AA Van

Jarp89

Morning All,

I purchased an ex AA van recently and one of the 1st major jobs is lowering, as you can see from the photos.

Assuming because this was AA van they used heavy duty springs because of its load weight.

255/35ZR20 tyres are fitted and ideally I want to bring it down by 50mm, 70mm.

Been looking at Bilstein’s adjustable B14 coil over kit.

Appreciate any advice before I purchase these.

Cheers
Jim

C07574C0-C023-4AAF-AC0B-5DD2ECD05A9E.png

66A727AE-72DD-4428-8CFC-FC410C16C4B1.png

9A887486-B657-470B-B45D-7409337629BA.png

Reactions: CAB
Morning All,

I purchased an ex AA van recently and one of the 1st major jobs is lowering, as you can see from the photos.

Assuming because this was AA van they used heavy duty springs because of its load weight.

255/35ZR20 tyres are fitted and ideally I want to bring it down by 50mm, 70mm.

Been looking at Bilstein’s adjustable B14 coil over kit.

Appreciate any advice before I purchase these.

Cheers
Jim

View attachment 123154

View attachment 123155

View attachment 123156

Here's some simple advice from someone who's done most routes.

If you only want a mild lowering, then B14s are a fantastic product and very reliable, plus a great back up. They probably won't remove all that arch gap, unless you couple it with other modifications, but by that stage you might as well of gone for more purposes designed coilovers like Solows (still Bilstein)

In simple terms, mild lowering = B14s
Slammed = Solows.

There are other products available on the market, but I'm a Bilstein fan, so can only give opinions on this brand.

Try before you buy. Don’t be fooled by being told what is best, on the forum or elsewhere. Best advise you will receive.
There are lots of good suspension options out there to choose from. Spend wisely and it will be the best money you spend on the van.

We stock and supply only the very best suspension on the market and if you can’t get to us we offer full mail order service.

Jim, what kit did you have fitted and how much was it lowered please? I've got my van booked in with Steve @CRS Performance on Thursday to get the suspension changed. I've got 2 alternatives, one that offers 40mm and then a sport option at the same money that offers 50/60mm (if I understood Steve correctly). He has both options in stock so I'll decide on the day but would like to see some examples of how the different lowering looks on vans. Thanks, Dave

Thanks Steve. Van drives much smoother, less bumps and a definite improvement. Wheels look great thanks. I’m still trying to convince the wife it was worth the money thanks again

Back