Ex RAC suspension needs changing urgently!

jimdad

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I've just bought an ex rac t6.
I've been told the rac t32s have uprated Suspension. Not sure if that's springs and dampers.
The ride is awful. Very boaty and the steering seems really light.
It's going to be a work van but won't be carrying no more than 100kgs at time.
I'd like it a bit lower too
I've read just changing the springs can be.a mistake. But don't want to spend a fortune so coil overs are probably out as I don't want crap ones.
Has anyone advice. I was looking at eibach adjustable springs. But not sure the dampers on it would be ok.
Cheers

I’m in a similar situation. Until I can afford to do the sus properly, I’m driving it around full of fuel - makes a big difference.

I've been told the rac t32s have uprated Suspension. Not sure if that's springs and dampers.
I've read just changing the springs can be.a mistake. But don't want to spend a fortune so coil overs are probably out as I don't want crap ones.
Has anyone advice. I was looking at eibach adjustable springs. But not sure the dampers on it would be ok.
Cheers
As you are in Essex, I would suggest a day out to Bognor

@BognorMotors

As recommended by many happy forum members.

Hi, I have just bought an ex RAC t6. It’s hard and high !
I am putting 20s on it but needs lowering and softening but unsure about what shock and springs to get. It will be my daily and a day can eventually. Mike

Ok, thanks. I am in south wales . I will give them a call. All this is new to me so hoping to find someone nearby long term.

Cheers
I have the exact same problem it downright scary to drive at speed like that I going to CRS Performance this Thursday to get it sorted.

2nd hand t6.1 shocks and springs .
I think they were 30mm lower than standard ones .so possibly sportline ones.
Dropped the van 70 mm. Made a huge difference

Depending on location you should give @Dav-Tec , @The Van Cave or @CRS Performance a call.

These guys all know there stuff and will certainly be able to help.
Widen the search and dont keep blinkers on when it comes to coil over kits , we have some great solutions that aren't coil overs. The comfort levels are better in some circumstances , so talk to everyone , ( suppliers ) and compare notes on each and every kit , This can be an expensive mistake ( mine field ) . Asking for a swap out guarantee will normally sort the men from the boys so dont be scared to ask , its your right to be satisfied after purchase . We see far too many customers who have been rail roaded into kits that dont suit them . and no come back even when completely wrong kits are supplied .

Back