Ex RAC suspension needs changing urgently!

I ended up going with ST-X coilovers and new top mounts, whilst not cheap they have completely transformed the driving and handling experience of the van - very happy with it! These RAC vans come with uprated rear springs (more than normal T32) once you take out the shelving, trailer and the 400 odd parts and tools they used to carry, the ride is horrendous!

40mm, I’ve attached a photo of the spring no.View attachment 210955
This spring is listed at 40 mm but don’t be surprised it it sits lower because. The heavier the van the lower it will go we have huge experience with these and it was common to see 60 mm. On a lot of vans particularly campers. Don’t even think about putting these in a 4 motion california for instance

I have the exact same problem it downright scary to drive at speed like that I going to CRS Performance this Thursday to get it sorted.
Hi pal, I am in the same boat as you, have a ex AA van and it’s not the best drive. Spoke to Chris at CRS and saving currently. What did you end up going with? And what wheels are you running? Thank you.

Hi pal, I am in the same boat as you, have a ex AA van and it’s not the best drive. Spoke to Chris at CRS and saving currently. What did you end up going with? And what wheels are you running? Thank you.
I took it to CRS and got new shocks and springs front and back and new pads and discs along with Riviera swamper wheels with AT Grabber tyres it drives perfectly now.
Chris at CRS is very helpful and knows his stuff.

Back