Ex RAC suspension needs changing urgently!

Surely this will improve things
You can research the subject on this site and others for “lower and softer”. Go through the hassle and expense of changing your springs only. It may look nicer but the ride will still be a harsh commercial compromise. You’ll end up have to pay to have the springs removed to fit decent shocks.
Leave it well alone or bite the bullet and pay for what you ”need”.

Reactions: DXX
Thanks for the info. I am in the process of changing the springs only for H&R so I hope it’s not a disaster. Couldn’t justify £1200+ for the full kit yet ! when there are other big spends on the horizon. The springs were £250 and changing them myself. Are the factory shocks that bad ?

If you are DIY’g. Springs are £230 & actives £800.
You’ll know what the ride is like if you’ve driven your van.. The springs alone won’t help. In fact springs alone will reduce the shocks travel length.

Couldn’t cope with it as it was… solid, too high and squeaking like a pig with no weight in the back. If it cures this I’ll be happy for now.

Forgive my ignorance but this is quite new to me. What are actives ?
The Koni Actives are the shock absorbers…. as others have said, if you change the springs only (and keep the standard shocks) the ride will most probably be just as bad or worse! I’m talking from personal experience. Do yourself a favour and speak to Steve @CRS Performance

Unfortunately being a t6 owner costs money, no good doing a half cock job, wait and get the job done properly when you can afford to. Do it right first time.
Absolutely!

When I bought my van is was lowered with 40mm lowering springs (H&R so good springs), but on the standard shocks with 20 inch wheels. I didn’t realise how bad the ride and general driving experience was until I’d been to see Steve and had the lot replaced. It’s not just the banging and crashing that the shocks will sort out…. they will make your van a lot less skittish on the road and much more confidence inspiring and comfortable to drive.

No probs, don’t forget the rubber bushes for the rears.
Thinking of going all out for the CRS Performance suspension pack… A lot more cash but planning to keep the van a good while and just want this stuff sorted so I can concentrate on the conversion side. Good to hear that you managed to make some big improvements with the springs and rubber bushes.

Sounds like a good plan. I opted for springs only for now as I am keen to get the bumpers, spoiler and side windows done next.

Back