Lola ex AA build

Finished the sliding door shelf today.

Ended up using a batton behind the panel which was screwed into from the front with nice black screws.
The screws are flanged instead of countersunk as countersunk will mess up the thin wood.

Screws: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MFDN2KQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Nd9GcRlo5W7YmU07cXkNKgzQpVCl_hZtM1hyA4mNQ&usqp=CAU.jpg
Then cut a piece of old oak flooring to size and attached on the batton.
For the backing I used another piece of fabric stapled & glued to the rear as the back & sides for the shelf.

_nc_ohc=fe7ymBGaUNkAX8zQJmh&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.jpg
I then used some small tack nails on the side to make sure the fabric was tight... i.e to stop coins and shit sliding down into the door.

_nc_ohc=0Ht-TPvUu7QAX_f1Mi2&_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.jpg

Panel now fitted int the van. Drilled into the wood and metal first for each spot. Then drilling in the screws.
The bottom is almost impossible to drill as no room to get a drill in. Seems sturdy enough.

_nc_ohc=1FtSUpQw4_EAX9WFcsC&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-2.jpg

Today I tidied up the electric tailgate cables. For the last few months I've had them hanging via gaffe tape.

I tried the usual coat hanger wire to pull the cables through. This usually works great like for fitting parking sensor wiring etc.

Someone recommended an electricians tool so I ordered 2 on amazon to try. Both arrived one is too thick for sure but the other one is great the end is spring loaded so will bend around corners great.

_nc_ohc=DN9f9jcq3vkAX9wo3o9&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=MDyizq6qYSIAX_lKP_t&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=z12ryW4eYNoAX_5zr9z&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=p8wBA7SgRDMAX9_Yf9w&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=9qu9D4T3MzQAX-0v-Pe&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=CyGwB9fQLSgAX8ck1NF&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.jpg

Reactions: CAB
i see but isn't the OEM installation.
The OEM equipment is installed with cable in the lower position, for this reason i asked you why this solution.
was only my personal curiosity

Back