Is this van worth the advertised price?

Thank you Gents for you’re advice, believe me you have opened my eyes. I do like the van but obviously need to get more toys or money off . Otherwise walk away. 37k is a lot and needs to be right.
Thanks all
Good thinking

I very much doubt they would add more toys to bring it up to a higher spec! I would personally be looking at others as well! To me it’s another case of putting pretty basic generic fit outs in to the cheapest basic vans they can find and asking stupid money for them
Sorry if blunt but my humble opinion

Personally I think it’s way overpriced for the spec. But even if you’re happy to pay that amount my feeling is that you’ll regret not having certain options.
Air con is a must in a converted van in my opinion. I know people will say just wind the window down etc, but as a campervan you will get condensation on the inside of all your windows (just rears if you use an external windscreen cover). Air con dries the air in the van. Once that moisture has evaporated I like to think that the air con keeps the van dry and prevents that moisture recondensing when the van cools again.
You’ll always be stuck with a 5 spd box (unless you want a big spend).
As others have also said, there’s not been much of a spend to get that basic van to its current state. Not lowered (not a problem but the original suspension isn’t good quality so by those miles is probably pretty knackered), no attempt to colour code, just addition of the plastic arch kit, no upgraded headlights, etc. These are all fine and it looks nice, but they are asking silly money for a van and seem to have spent virtually nothing on justifying anywhere near that price.
I think once the initial excitement wares off and you see other highline conversions you might feel disappointed/fleeced.

I very much doubt they would add more toys to bring it up to a higher spec! I would personally be looking at others as well! To me it’s another case of putting pretty basic generic fit outs in to the cheapest basic vans they can find and asking stupid money for them
Sorry if blunt but my humble opinion
More a case of “honest” than “blunt”!

Personally I think it’s way overpriced for the spec. But even if you’re happy to pay that amount my feeling is that you’ll regret not having certain options.
Air con is a must in a converted van in my opinion. I know people will say just wind the window down etc, but as a campervan you will get condensation on the inside of all your windows (just rears if you use an external windscreen cover). Air con dries the air in the van. Once that moisture has evaporated I like to think that the air con keeps the van dry and prevents that moisture recondensing when the van cools again.
You’ll always be stuck with a 5 spd box (unless you want a big spend).
As others have also said, there’s not been much of a spend to get that basic van to its current state. Not lowered (not a problem but the original suspension isn’t good quality so by those miles is probably pretty knackered), no attempt to colour code, just addition of the plastic arch kit, no upgraded headlights, etc. These are all fine and it looks nice, but they are asking silly money for a van and seem to have spent virtually nothing on justifying anywhere near that price.
I think once the initial excitement wares off and you see other highline conversions you might feel disappointed/fleeced.
Completely agree

Welcome to the forum a lot of wise words from the other gents above there are plenty of vans out there and if your able to travel to buy the rite one that suits your needs then maybe broaden your search area you never know bargains are now few and far . But I did see a local guy to me with an ex mobility t6 with 67,000 on it toffee brown metallic, vw service history, twin slider looks very clean . Think it’s up for £19,000 but open to offers. And the spec wasn’t bad too. You could make your own mark on it. It was on Facebook marketplace. Glasgow area. The guy is 2 minutes from Glasgow airport too.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/van-details/202205145695271?atmobcid=soc3

Hello wise folks of the T6 world.
We are in the process of researching our used base van for our conversion. We were wondering if someone would be able to cast an eye over the attached van from auto trader.

It ticks most of the boxes we think we are looking for (100bhp+, highline, under £20K, not white, T28/30.) but we would welcome any advice on potential pitfalls that we may not have seen. We hope to go and see it in the flesh at the weekend.
All and any advice from a trained eye gratefully received.
Thanks
TC & Mrs J

Hi, not heard of a 'chrome pack' before from VW. The extra chrome on the front and sidebars are aftermarket.
Its a Eu5 so no ad blue problems but you won't be fully Ulez compliant.
The T28/30's are great economical camper bases but a few may tell you to go T32.

Thank you for that. I know more cities are becoming low emission places, but at the moment we're hoping to be UK based rural users so EU5 should suit us. I read somewhere the older series engines are a little more reliable?

Yes, had thought better weight capacity is better base and ideally we'd like T30. Had considered an ex RAC T32 but want to avoid potential MOT and legal wheel/tyre issues in future (plus Mrs J doesn't like orange...). It'll just be two of us with a U shape lounge so hope that'll keep the weight down if we end up with a T28.

Yes I think I read about up plating on forum the other week. Only cost 300 or so if I recall. May be a good route for us to take to keep the base van in budget.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/van-details/202205145695271?atmobcid=soc3

Hello wise folks of the T6 world.
We are in the process of researching our used base van for our conversion. We were wondering if someone would be able to cast an eye over the attached van from auto trader.

It ticks most of the boxes we think we are looking for (100bhp+, highline, under £20K, not white, T28/30.) but we would welcome any advice on potential pitfalls that we may not have seen. We hope to go and see it in the flesh at the weekend.
All and any advice from a trained eye gratefully received.
Thanks
TC & Mrs J
Don’t seem a bad price in todays current market

I like you spent so long looking and eventually found my van at a main dealers price tag to good to be true( there cock up) but all you can do is go with your gut! Seems like a good van decent spec being a highline! 1 owner good service history cam belt done etc so looks like it’s been well maintained don’t worry about mileage to much they go on for ever if looked after! I’d say it appears to be a good base van for what ever you decide! Go stand in front of it and go with gut feeling

Best of luck and keep us up to date

I like you spent so long looking and eventually found my van at a main dealers price tag to good to be true( there cock up) but all you can do is go with your gut! Seems like a good van decent spec being a highline! 1 owner good service history cam belt done etc so looks like it’s been well maintained don’t worry about mileage to much they go on for ever if looked after! I’d say it appears to be a good base van for what ever you decide! Go stand in front of it and go with gut feeling

Best of luck and keep us up to date
Will do. Thanks all for the advice.
TCJ

Back