Is this van worth the advertised price?

Some prices are suspicious low, other one are ridiculous high.

This one is low for 2020.

Private seller should be a discounted price, as you have more legal comeback with a trade seller.

Reactions: Bav
What is wrong with bitdi? Guy's let me know I was testing few days ago 2.0btdi 4motion in manual and was really nice.

I need mainly van for bmx racing, mtb trips and family holiday.

What is wrong with bitdi? Guy's let me know I was testing few days ago 2.0btdi 4motion in manual and was really nice.

I need mainly van for bmx racing, mtb trips and family holiday.
I wouldn’t be put off plenty of them on this forum if you read into the problems to much your never buy anything! You can have ups and downs with any vehicle it’s pot luck at the end of the day! Enjoy looking and don’t rush follow your gut instincts

hi all,
Been lurking here for so long, and finally got the funds to get a van and now is the scary part of potentially handing over a huge sum of money!

I've found a base van that fits my criteria (and most importantly, my budget!).
I'm planning to fit pop top, windows all around and then some simple cube storage and a sliding bed for me & hubby, & space for the dog to sleep in a travel crate.

My van criteria: LWB, min T30, not older then 2016/17, max mileage 110k, at least trendline model, some service history ideally, cambelt/water pump done (or considered in price),
My base van budget: £20k

Before I call them and arrange to see it - as I'm 2 hours drive away - I wanted some advice on what I should be asking on the phone.

2018/68 VOLKSWAGEN TRANSPORTER TRENDLINE T30 TDI LWB PANEL VAN / ONE OWNER / 86,000 MILES / FULL SERVICE HISTORY / CAMBELT, WATERPUMP JUST CHANGED // JUST ARRIVED INTO STOCK AND PRICED TO SELL AT ONLY ////////// £15,995.00 + VAT
1683014768716.png 1683014782192.png 1683014793121.png
1683014804689.png 1683014814062.png 1683015360111.png

So far I looked up its last MOT (Nov '22) and saw a few things on the advisories list:

-Hydraulic leak, but not excessive at steering pump
-3x tyres worn close to legal limit
-nearside fluid leak, but not excessive, possible cv joint grease around flange area. not severe

Is it unreasonable to ask if these things are all fixed, and if not, to reduce the price. Or is the price already reasonable?
They may well be fixed, I'm just trying to prep myself.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:
I’m not massively clued up but that price seems ok considering you’ll pay at least 10k more for the same with lower mileage.

Hi all,
2018 highline SWB less than 40k miles, Euro 6, t6 diesel manual, dieasel heater, 60 liters tank, cambelt changed and all documents in order. Is 37 k a good price?

It depends if it fits what you’re looking for in a van .check on Autotrader and eBay. For a rough guide. I personally wasn’t looking for a van a few years ago . Then a 08 plate came up in pearlescent black 6 seater with 17,000 miles on it. Inside was immaculate. Electric sunroof and other nice bits. From standard. The price was rite and the van was rite for me . It’s just done 40,000 miles . Timing belt and water pump done and service from Lookers vwcv Glasgow. I,ve never looked back since.

2ADDA1DA-FD4E-4AB2-99FE-108B796CEA27.jpeg

Hi all,
2018 highline SWB less than 40k miles, Euro 6, t6 diesel manual, dieasel heater, 60 liters tank, cambelt changed and all documents in order. Is 37 k a good price?
Has it any extras from factory? Led lights? Twin slider? Power latching or closing doors
Is it a kombi or panel van?
Has it had any mods since? Alloys suspension etc? Very hard to gauge without more info!
If it’s a standard highline I would say seems a bit pricey

Has it any extras from factory? Led lights? Twin slider? Power latching or closing doors
Is it a kombi or panel van?
Has it had any mods since? Alloys suspension etc? Very hard to gauge without more info!
If it’s a standard highline I would say seems a bit pricey
My bad for not clarifying. It is fully camperised, it does not have twin slider as it does have a kitchen in the way.
I am not sure what's the difference between a kombi and a panel van. I might be in the wrong section for this?

Last edited:
Hi all,

I found this which seems good though doing some digging I'm not sure if my spidey senses are starting to tingle...

Autotrader link

Spec suits, budget is limited so I'm not too fussy. Wife likes the colour :whistle:

However I notice that the ad has been up since April and appears to have been reduced in price by £2k since then.
I also found the reg (bk68myl) and there was a mention of an engine light issue on a previous MOT, though the last two were ok.
Spoke to the guy who said there is a full service history print out though didn't know who did it. Wasn't too sure on the history of the van either other than saying he thought it was a plumbers.

Any thoughts from the collective wisdom?

Hi all,

I found this which seems good though doing some digging I'm not sure if my spidey senses are starting to tingle...

Autotrader link

Spec suits, budget is limited so I'm not too fussy. Wife likes the colour :whistle:

However I notice that the ad has been up since April and appears to have been reduced in price by £2k since then.
I also found the reg (bk68myl) and there was a mention of an engine light issue on a previous MOT, though the last two were ok.
Spoke to the guy who said there is a full service history print out though didn't know who did it. Wasn't too sure on the history of the van either other than saying he thought it was a plumbers.

Any thoughts from the collective wisdom?
If you're going to buy a transporter you better get used to seeing the engine light on, they usually are.

Approx. £18k for 100k, it's not a bad deal, just think you might get better looking for a £20 k motor without vat. I just returned one to vw, £21 k with 33k mileage.. returned as I wasn't happy with the bodywork but it would have been a good deal for someone

Back