Is this van worth the advertised price?

I think the headlights might do your head in - does the ad have any interior shots? Price is a little high for the mileage

Personally, I wouldn't pay more than £25k for that AA van.......unless its had a captain's passenger and twin swivels installed along with MFSW, parking sensors and a few more toys.
Each to their own though

Is this your first camper purchase or have you had/used one previously? If not you might want to hire one first to make sure you like the reality and not just the dream before splashing out 37K on a very basic van with what looks like a fairly basic generic conversion. Sorry if that comes across as harsh but I'd rather you think I'm a tw@ than spend the next few years convincing yourself you didn't waste £37000.

Would you ask for any extras or money off. Was thinking of asking for sensors to be fitted . Thanks for the advice guys, will certainly be asking for more toys . Nothing to lose .

Some points you could raise;
  • Steel not alloy wheels
  • Halogen not LED lights
  • Plain not metallic paint
  • Rock and roll bed not RIB
  • No grill
  • Not raised or lowered
  • Solar?
  • Mains hookup?
  • Water tanks?
  • How many hobs?
  • Swivel seats?

Last edited:
Is this your first camper purchase or have you had/used one previously? If not you might want to hire one first to make sure you like the reality and not just the dream before splashing out 37K on a very basic van with what looks like a fairly basic generic conversion. Sorry if that comes across as harsh but I'd rather you think I'm a tw@ than spend the next few years convincing yourself you didn't waste £37000.
I’ve had a t4 for the past 18 months and have spent a small fortune on her, so wanted to upgrade to a newer van , but seems a bit of a minefield so far .

There are so many factors to consider, not only on the van, but also, what you want it for.
Those H4 headlights might be good enough for somebody who uses the van as a camper and rarely drives it at night, for many of us they'd need upgrading. The mileage is on the high side but again, if you're only going to use it for weekends away that might not be a worry. On a van like that, particularly with no rear window, parking sensors (or a camera) are important, not a luxury.
It's due a cambelt / water pump / aux belt change soon if it hasn't had it done already, budget for around £500 for that.
If it's a five speed manual gearbox box and a bog standard steering wheel without the various controls on it, these all make the van less desirable in some people's eyes and therefore lower in value.
Personally I quite like AA Yellow, but if you plan to keep it for only a couple of years you should factor in that it might not hold its value quite as good as some other colours.
I'd shop around a bit more before doing a deal, it's just too much money for what it is in my humble opinion.

I’ve had a t4 for the past 18 months and have spent a small fortune on her, so wanted to upgrade to a newer van , but seems a bit of a minefield so far .
Fair enough then, 37k just seems a lot to me for a van that's not got any wow factor (unless yellow's your thing) but nothing VW T_ is ever cheap!

Back