Is this van worth the advertised price?

Kwp0906

T6 Pro
New to the forum and looking at used T6,s with DSG.
The ones I've seen for sale vary massively in price, what should I be paying for a clean low mileage swb panel van?

I’ve seen a t6 edition for sale.
It’s done 30000 miles more than another t6 I’ve seen bosh dsg Kombi,
The edition has some nice extras
But my head tells me the lower mileage one
As this is for a long term ownership.
Then I think 10 grand more and I can have a t6.1
Any one else having sleepless knights lol
Wondering what to do

Both same price 32k

I've been in the same boat, I was looking for months for something but nothing came up, so I've ordered a T6.1 at £50k including VAT LWB 4 Motion Kombi with a lot of extras.

2 Weeks after ordering a private sale came up locally at £34k, every bit of Spec I wanted/ordered but a T6, 2018 with only 10k miles, ummed and ahhed for for a few days but figured I can't justify the extra £16k for the 6.1 changes so I've gone for the used one.

The £16k we're saving will buy a good 2nd car for my wife

Another deciding factor was reading about all the T6.1 delays on here, I'm not confident I'd have it for holidays next summer.

@f6100153. Of course, if the whole Covid travel situation doesn't improve by next year, you won't be going abroad and the UK will be far too crowded. If that is the case, my very nice 2018 full camper conversion (which currently has under 6000 miles on the clock) will probably be up for sale.

thanks for the reply
the edition just has far to many miles on it to warrent 32 grand

how many miles was the edition?
I've got my 2018 kombi with 82,000 up for sale and finding the right price is tricky.

Hi what are peoples thoughts on this van my daughter & her boyfriend looking for a T6 like this but I'm not convinced 132k part history and don't seem overly cheap really anyone help out buy or void ??? It's got towbar unsure what it's towed ?? Anyone got a T6 around 23-25k no vat for sale

Screenshot_20210806-204356_Auto Trader.jpg

At that mileage and with a towbar I would want to know the DSG service intervals for oil and filter change have been adhered to. Without knowing what extras it has inside the price seems a bit tasty given the mileage. Is it a 150ps or 204ps engine?

This is the most expensive time to buy a T6. Do they really need it right now ?

Pete

Autotrader link

It’s quite handy to be a full package but not all of it is value of the actual vehicle. Carpet lining, wheels, suspension all add to the value but the drive away awning is an add on. I would personally ask the seller to remove that from the price, it’s worth nothing to them without the van so should just be chucked in rather than adding £800 to the sale or whatever they paid for it.

Yeah I've told them that but they need one as sold the car I just think 132k with part history maybe problems ahead really ??? I've got t32 17plate fully loaded highline had it as pre reg gave 28k plus vat this just seems expensive but I'm not really upto date on prices

This is the most expensive time to buy a T6. Do they really need it right now ?

Pete

At that mileage and with a towbar I would want to know the DSG service intervals for oil and filter change have been adhered to. Without knowing what extras it has inside the price seems a bit tasty given the mileage. Is it a 150ps or 204ps engine?
150ps inside carpeted and a looks like made double bed cheap seat covers on vinyl ones

Are these done at 40k so should of had at least 3 in its life ?? Is that correct

In today’s market it’s cheap
70000 mile kombi are 26grand plus vat
One with decent miles will be over 30k plus vat
It’s a waiting game for sure.
I have been looking and buy the time you have seen it advertised it’s sold lol

I have a 2106 Kombi manual which will be up for sale end Oct or start Nov. Like this it has 132K and a tow bar so the mileage on this one wouldn’t put me off. You can check the mot data to see how many miles it’s done each year. Mine did 30K each year for 4 years and I see this as a good thing as it’s spent it’s life on a motorway not in stop start traffic or hitting pot holes.
The price looks high on this to me though but as others have said it depends if it’s had lots of extras added such as carpet lining and sound proofing it all adds up. Your daughter should note that after 2017 they were EU6 so no issues with London, Bristol and other cities coming ULEZ charge. That one is likely to be EU5 so no Ad Blue to worry about but ULEZ will be an issue.

It's a euro 5 so for me it's a no no, I imagine more and more cities will be jumping on the ULEZ band wagon. I live in Greater Manchester and had to go euro 6 because I'd incur a daily charge otherwise.

It seems very expensive but that's my opinion. I've just bought a 2018 lwb t30 highline with 87k full VW service history and it also has the warranty extended so I've 2 years warranty remaining for 22k.

Mine is a PV so if it's a kombi they are after they could buy a cheaper PV and put the 2nd row in themselves. Thing to consider if they do it themselves they can do it to their taste.

I am looking to buy a used 2016 VW T6 Transporter Highline automatic- 2 Front Swivel Seats Rock & Roll Bed Mileage 49,818 price is 23,000 - is this a "good buy" - any advice would be appreciated!

Welcome!

To answer your question, (or not!) it depends on condition, service history, is it +VAT, is it Euro 5 or Euro 6 (if that may affect how you intend to use it), does it have LED lights, there are many variables and it's very difficult for anybody to say if it's good value without seeing and driving it.
But if everything stacks up, it could be a good buy!

A few pointers - at that age and mileage it should have had both a cambelt replacement and a DSG service, if the seller can't prove they've been done then budget the best part of a grand for those to be done.

Back