Glad you fixed it mate, I’ve looked at the firmware update for mine but abit nervous about doing it as it does state in the instructions it can fuxk up the head unit. I’m having issues with CarPlay even when connected via usb. Sometimes it tells me I got a message or WhatsApp message and sometimes it don’t notify me. Also sometimes even hand-free don’t work so I have to use the built in speaker on my iPhone.
Anyone else had these issues with the dmx8019dabs?

I did the firmware update on my 8019dabs and it was fine. I haven't noticed any difference in all fairness but I'm android not apple so maybe that makes a difference?

be very nervous !! BUT it worked at the end, car play now works far better, it was buggy as hell before !! and it was a good test of my ability to keep my shit together under pressure... I had gone to hell and back installing that unit and pushed my abilities and patience to the limit and then to see the head unit looking like it may be bricked after all I had done and SPENT ( about £1300)was a major test

I did the firmware update on my 8019dabs and it was fine. I haven't noticed any difference in all fairness but I'm android not apple so maybe that makes a difference?
yeh I think it's more android orientated if I'm honest.. its very windows 95 LOL

Glad you fixed it mate, I’ve looked at the firmware update for mine but abit nervous about doing it as it does state in the instructions it can fucxk up the head unit. I’m having issues with CarPlay even when connected via usb. Sometimes it tells me I got a message or WhatsApp message and sometimes it don’t notify me. Also sometimes even hand-free don’t work so I have to use the built in speaker on my iPhone.
Anyone else had these issues with the dmx8019dabs?

I'm not using that model I was a mug and got the twice as expensive unit thinking I would save myself such woes BUT apple car play was buggy as hell before the update and I expect our models are full of exactly the same bugs .. I had my jaw on the floor at some of it.. wired not wired .. the whole experience was a total mess..it still is .. for example, if a dare press on mirroring it decides I must be using an android device and screws up the wireless carplay and all settings until I plug it back in.. so on it goes .. but for now im pretty happy with it all..maybe i can delete that damn mirroring icon if all it does is mess up my shit

I'm thinking of upgrading to a Kenwood and the above is a concern.
Are people seeing a lot of issues with Kenwood upgrades?
I need to be sure about this before I spend an awfull lot of my hard earned money!!

Mines been flawless with android auto, wired and wireless... Its these old fashioned apple people causing problems :eek::D

I'm thinking of upgrading to a Kenwood and the above is a concern.
Are people seeing a lot of issues with Kenwood upgrades?
I need to be sure about this before I spend an awfull lot of my hard earned money!!
you do! i can say im not impressed to the point of understanding how on earth a company can even dream of charging what i paid for mine.. they are charging like £1400 in some places for the damn thing.. its ridiculous its just a dvd/cd player with a radio and a sat nav.. and what i can only describe as a currently acceptable touch screen on it... the software side is laughable BUT i do understand we are on the cutting edge here and things are getting sorted out i just wish companies would stop taking the piss with prices

Mines been flawless with android auto, wired and wireless... Its these old fashioned apple people causing problems :eek::D
yep an android phone will probably work fine along with this Kenwood ( don't they make food mixers? )stuff.. hopefully apple will just bring out a decent car head unit soon and put us all out of our misery..

Thanks for the input guys, what Jason’s opinion @Absolut5 on the firmware update? Shall I do it? Have you had these queries with units you have installed aswell?
Thanks

Andy

Thanks for the input guys, what Jason’s opinion @Absolut5 on the firmware update? Shall I do it? Have you had these queries with units you have installed aswell?
Thanks

Andy
my experience was a fluke with the USB stick I'm pretty sure..... so don't concern yourself too much with the firmware update but perhaps ponder on why one was needed at all and how many more before they get it to work correctly

@osman tbf I have had to use 2 different usb sticks aswell just to create a photo frame album. The first one said there was no files on it even tho I formatted it to fat32. So I formatted another stick again to fat32, added my photos and that works perfectly but the first stick works on both my laptops, tv and printer so maybe kenwood only like certain brands of usb stick aswell. Can I ask have you directly connected the speed sensor to the speedo cluster or to the canbus harness?
Andy

@osman tbf I have had to use 2 different usb sticks aswell just to create a photo frame album. The first one said there was no files on it even tho I formatted it to fat32. So I formatted another stick again to fat32, added my photos and that works perfectly but the first stick works on both my laptops, tv and printer so maybe kenwood only like certain brands of usb stick aswell. Can I ask have you directly connected the speed sensor to the speedo cluster or to the canbus harness?
Andy
I’m connected direct ..to the speedo

That’s not what I wanted to hear, so your connected direct and still having issues with CarPlay. Starting to wish I went with the pioneer unit my mate has got, it’s works perfect all the time.:-(

That’s not what I wanted to hear, so your connected direct and still having issues with CarPlay. Starting to wish I went with the pioneer unit my mate has got, it’s works perfect all the time.:-(
Give me another day or say I may be happy with it but my first impressions are now recorded I can’t deny I’ve been through some shit getting this together .. it’s no pleasure cruise

Get the firmware update on there and check it then?

Are you sure it's not your phone?

No problems with CarPlay on my 8019, other than the steering wheel button not summoning Siri. If it ain’t broke etc so I’m not going to do a firmware update.
Probably a lot simpler on an Android phone, there’s not much to go wrong is there, they just have 2 buttons, one to dial the speaking clock and the other to speak to the operator :D

Hi,

It’s defo not my phone as it does the same with the wife’s phone which is a 8 with the latest software update.

Will wait to see what Jason says as I’ve only had the unit 2 weeks so don’t want to fuxk it up.
Thanks

To be honest this is the first I’ve heard with issues with the 9190, or any Kenwood in the past 2-3 years, they have been solid units

Any problems normally are the phone companies are constantly updating their firmware and apps and the poor radio sits in the dash and is expecting to work faultlessly year after year...

Lastly we dropped Pioneer Avics due to so many issues, it became embarrassing and dreaded the phone calls on a Monday...

Though we had to give in a install one a few weeks ago and it was faulty on installation...

Thanks for the reply Jason.

So would you recommend I do the firmware update or not?

Where do i stand with kenwood if it bricks the head unit, surely if they are releasing updates they should honour the repair of the unit if it is within the years guarantee?

Thanks again

P.s I have the dmx8019dabs

Back