The camera is a lot nearer the centre than I thought. The wife’s car is about 3ft away.

2018.jpg 2019.jpg

not sure if the best place to post... but can anyone tell me if either of the kenwood head units mentioned here will work with existing rear parking sensors on a t6.. for example I may upgrade to a reversing camera later but just want a new head unit that works with what's already there.. as in, put in reverse and use existing parkins sensors just like with the standard t6 head unit from a 2016 t6.. hope that makes sense

I have rear and front sensors all work same as before also everything on the MFD

another question that i keep asking myself is do i actually need sat nav ?? when im planning on using iphone and maps.. a lot of the claims of most of these head units is to do with sat nav such as garmin etc.. so to get to the point is there a good upgrade that deals with apple car play, great sound, all the latest tech and nice screen etc but without any sat nav ... maybe im missing something but it seems to me if i have a £1000 plus phone in my car that provides maps and talks to the head unit and displays all on the screen I cannot see why I would be worrying about sat nav.. again sorry if im being dumb

another question that i keep asking myself is do i actually need sat nav ?? when im planning on using iphone and maps.. a lot of the claims of most of these head units is to do with sat nav such as garmin etc.. so to get to the point is there a good upgrade that deals with apple car play, great sound, all the latest tech and nice screen etc but without any sat nav ... maybe im missing something but it seems to me if i have a £1000 plus phone in my car that provides maps and talks to the head unit and displays all on the screen I cannot see why I would be worrying about sat nav.. again sorry if im being dumb

I am of the same opinion. I don't use the VW satnav, I use Android Auto and Google maps, works fine for me.
And I am sorely tempted to change my HU as I think the MP3 music quality playback is awful, whether via SD, USB or from the phone. I have Eton speakers and I am not at all happy with the music quality

I can only assume it is because of the software in the HU. I cannot find a trustworthy proof for this - any thoughts?

not sure if the best place to post... but can anyone tell me if either of the kenwood head units mentioned here will work with existing rear parking sensors on a t6.. for example I may upgrade to a reversing camera later but just want a new head unit that works with what's already there.. as in, put in reverse and use existing parkins sensors just like with the standard t6 head unit from a 2016 t6.. hope that makes sense

Yes it displays front and rear parking sensors

I am of the same opinion. I don't use the VW satnav, I use Android Auto and Google maps, works fine for me.
And I am sorely tempted to change my HU as I think the MP3 music quality playback is awful, whether via SD, USB or from the phone. I have Eton speakers and I am not at all happy with the music quality

I can only assume it is because of the software in the HU. I cannot find a trustworthy proof for this - any thoughts?

Factory headunits always have a low grade output, and heavily eq’d

Changing to a aftermarket will improve sound dramatically and give you a lot more control

Units like the superb Kenwood DNX 9190dab Has full European Garmin nav plus Apple CarPlay, Android auto but also they tend to have more features like better screens

But they cost a lot more.

The Kenwood DMX 8019dab will meet mosts requirements as It has wireless Apple CarPlay/android auto so apps like Waze works extremely well on it, dab, twin usb, displays parking sensors

Apple CarPlay is done by the phone so it’s down to what software you have, if it’s ios 13 then split screen is available

Parts-
DMX 8019dab
Flush fit facia
USB retention kit
Fm aerial adapter
Dab aerial adapter
CanBus adapter
Pioneer reverse camera, we mostly use these as they are 100% reliable, cable length/quality and image depth is superb
£781.75 delivered

If you want to install genuine parking sensors and like them to be displayed on the 8019, then a different CanBus adapter is required add £85.00

View attachment 53388

How much is this system fitted? Also any recommendations on speakers to fit into existing front door mounts? If so price?

Cheers

Hi,

I have received my kenwood dmx8019dabs head unit today and was wondering where do you recommend to put the gps antenna? And what is the big square sticky pad for?
Also the instructions state I need to buy a KCA-iP103 adapter lead to connect to Apple car play via USB, is this really needed or can I just use my apple lightning cable supplied with my phone?

Thanks
Andy

has anybody heard of dynamicsounds.co.uk? they are selling the 9190dab kenwood head unit for £999 and I'm thinking of going for it but just checking no one has had any bad dealings with them

Hi,

I have received my kenwood dmx8019dabs head unit today and was wondering where do you recommend to put the gps antenna? And what is the big square sticky pad for?
Also the instructions state I need to buy a KCA-iP103 adapter lead to connect to Apple car play via USB, is this really needed or can I just use my apple lightning cable supplied with my phone?

Thanks
Andy
Yes you can, or even use wireless CarPlay if you want

What's the palyback quality like for the above 2, are they both better than the OEM HU and is one better than the other?

Thanks

They have the same audio features. Processors etc and the sound is a lot cleaner than the factory unit

Reactions: XZO
Hi,

Thanks
Andy
The GPs can fit under the dash, around the top of a airvent tube. As long as there is no metal above it

Apple CarPlay does not need a lead, it works direct using your lighting cable via usb or wirelessly

has anybody heard of dynamicsounds.co.uk? they are selling the 9190dab kenwood head unit for £999 and I'm thinking of going for it but just checking no one has had any bad dealings with them

Outstanding price, as everyone else is quite a bit more..

Go for it

Il be happy to supply the parts to install it correctly

Outstanding price, as everyone else is quite a bit more..

Go for it

Il be happy to supply the parts to install it correctly
ok can you give me price and list and I will be happy to purchase them from you.
I'm only going to replace the head unit at this stage.. I may come to you for reverse camera speakers amps fitted etc at a later stage but for now I just need the apple car play working and of course, my rear existing rear sensors and parking pilot to be working.. and im guessing that should be within my ability to do myself

Last edited:
Back