Andyfrecky

Hello, I have just bought a 2015 transporter startline that has had a custom crew cab conversion. The van does not come with parking sensors front or back. I am wishing to install rear sensors and a rear camera to the van. What are my best options?
I have been told to go with the Pioneer AVIC-Z720DAB headunit and rear camera but not sure if I can fit rear cameras to this aswell.
Any advice would be much appreciated, budget is around £800.
Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy

What features do you require and also what phone do you use?

All double din screens can accept a reverse camera

Hi Andy

What features do you require and also what phone do you use?

All double din screens can accept a reverse camera

Hi,

I want sat nav , DAB, Bluetooth Phone, parking sensors and rear camera mainly. I am using a iPhone.
Thanks
Andy

Hi,

I want sat nav , DAB, Bluetooth Phone, parking sensors and rear camera mainly. I am using a iPhone.
Thanks
Andy

Do you want to have built in sat nav or use apps like google maps and Waze from your phone on to the screen?

Do you want to have built in sat nav or use apps like google maps and Waze from your phone on to the screen?

Hello,

I am not to fussed to be honest, built in or apps as I have enough mobile data to run the sat nav from my phone.
I must add I don’t have any steering wheel controls either

Thanks
Andy.

The Kenwood DMX 8019dab is a cracking unit.

Wireless Apple CarPlay
Android auto
Dab
Bluetooth
Reverse camera input
Optional Kenwood dash camera control

This will allow you to use google maps and Waze and others directly from your phone

Also cheaper than the Pioneer by quite a bit, but you do need quite a few parts to install any aftermarket head unit

B4656C86-B570-4481-B01C-F792FB124E3B.jpeg

Hi,

That looks great, does it split screen between radio and navigation so I can still listen to the radio whilst being directed by sat nav?
How much would this cost with the reversing camera and any cables and parts needed for the install?
Also can I retrofit parking sensors to this unit?
Thanks
Andy

Apple CarPlay is done by the phone so it’s down to what software you have, if it’s ios 13 then split screen is available

Parts-
DMX 8019dab
Flush fit facia
USB retention kit
Fm aerial adapter
Dab aerial adapter
CanBus adapter
Pioneer reverse camera, we mostly use these as they are 100% reliable, cable length/quality and image depth is superb
£781.75 delivered

If you want to install genuine parking sensors and like them to be displayed on the 8019, then a different CanBus adapter is required add £85.00

8537D1D1-A7A4-4F70-94A1-E831EE5E03B6.jpeg

Liking this.

@Absolut5 I've already got an aftermarket reverse camera (autovox) already fitted. The camera is mounted in the rear tailgate so I really need to keep it. There are 4 wires to the display monitor. A +ve and -ve. These take their supply from the reversing lights. The other two I presume are the picture feed. Would it be possible to take the picture feed wires and using the appropriate connector, simply fit these into the back of this Kenwood head unit. Or would the power source from the reverse lights cause issue.

Also could you quote a price for the Kenwood dash cam that can be connected to the head unit. Thanks

It’s best to run the power cables for the camera directly behind the headunit, (not the reverse wire) and connect them to the ignition and ground, this will allow you to use the reverse feature when driving, ideal if you have a trailer etc and also will flip into to reverse when it’s selected

Also the reverse feed can cause interference due to the bulb failure system

£875.75 inc the dash camera, minus the reverse camera

Apple CarPlay is done by the phone so it’s down to what software you have, if it’s ios 13 then split screen is available

Parts-
DMX 8019dab
Flush fit facia
USB retention kit
Fm aerial adapter
Dab aerial adapter
CanBus adapter
Pioneer reverse camera, we mostly use these as they are 100% reliable, cable length/quality and image depth is superb
£781.75 delivered

If you want to install genuine parking sensors and like them to be displayed on the 8019, then a different CanBus adapter is required add £85.00

View attachment 53388

Hi,
I am only using a iPhone 5s so my software is not the latest on the phone. I do want to be able to have the radio on with the sat nav at the same time. Does this mean I will need the next kenwood model up with built in sat nav to do this.
Thanks

Andy

Hi,
I am only using a iPhone 5s so my software is not the latest on the phone. I do want to be able to have the radio on with the sat nav at the same time. Does this mean I will need the next kenwood model up with built in sat nav to do this.
Thanks

Andy
No you don't need to, the split screen shown above is not true split-screen, it's just IOS13 Carplay's gimmicky and pretty useless home screen (it will only show Apple Maps). I have the same unit and it's easy to listen to the radio, you just select Radio then hit the Carplay button and select Waze or whatever nav app you use. The radio will keep playing unless you select another media from within Carplay. Great headunit, my review here Wireless Charging And Carplay

No you don't need to, the split screen shown above is not true split-screen, it's just IOS13 Carplay's gimmicky and pretty useless home screen (it will only show Apple Maps). I have the same unit and it's easy to listen to the radio, you just select Radio then hit the Carplay button and select Waze or whatever nav app you use. The radio will keep playing unless you select another media from within Carplay. Great headunit, my review here Wireless Charging And Carplay

Just about to say the same ....

Hi,

That looks good enough for me. After speaking to the wife she has said what is the next kenwood model up that has sat nav built in but still has all the same functions as the one we have been talking about? Can I have a price for the same items including reversing camera please. As my van has barn door the camera will be offset so will the pioneer be suitable of should I go for a camera built into the middle reverse light.
What are you payment details so I can get ordered tonight?

Thanks again

Andy

You have the DNX 5190dab which has built in Garmin but lacks wireless carplay and 6.8” screen, cd/dvd

Then the DNX 7190dab which has a 7” motorised flip down screen with above features

Lastly top of the range DNX 9190dab, motorised reverse tilt HD screen and wireless CarPlay

The pioneer camera mounted to the right of the lock barrel works superb, even the brake light one is offset

I will pm price and payment details

Hi Andy, I had the Kenwood DNX9190 fitted by Absolut5 a few months ago with with a Pioneer camera, I have barn doors and the camera is fitted above the number plate and the field of vision is excellent you don’t notice that its fitted to one side.

Great service and a fabulous sat nav.

Hi Andy, I had the Kenwood DNX9190 fitted by Absolut5 a few months ago with with a Pioneer camera, I have barn doors and the camera is fitted above the number plate and the field of vision is excellent you don’t notice that its fitted to one side.

Great service and a fabulous sat nav.
Hi Zeb,

Thanks for your comments, I have today gone ahead and ordered the exact same as you from Absolute5. I’m going to fit it myself which the camera may b a challenge getting the cable to the head unit as the back of the van is insulated and carpeted. Have you got any pics of exactly where on the back of the van you put your camera?
Thanks

Andy

Back