Fridges & Cold Beer -- How I Done It --

Anyone with the Just Kampers 45l fridge, would you be able to confirm if the 69cm length includes the handle? And if so, What's the length without the handle included? Thanks!

Anyone with the Just Kampers 45l fridge, would you be able to confirm if the 69cm length includes the handle? And if so, What's the length without the handle included? Thanks!
@TallPaul_S I've got one I'll check it in a while you really need the handles on it it's heavy to carry when full plus it's the same as the alpicool cf45

@TallPaul_S I've got one I'll check it in a while you really need the handles on it it's heavy to carry when full plus it's the same as the alpicool cf45
Cheers, yeah not planning on taking the handle off - more about fitting it inside a kitchen pod. Space is tight and so if it's smaller than the actual measurements that's perfect as I can leave the handle and display outside the cabinet.

@TallPaul_S length including handles 69cm without rear handle 65cm
Ahhh... It's got a handle on both ends. The pictures don't show that! So presuming the handles are the same size, then the actual body is 61cm, correct?

Mine will be going into a drawer so I'll probably remove the rear handle, leaving front on but with it protuding from the drawer to act as the drawer handle and to be able to see the display. Means I can make the drawer a few cm smaller which is very handy. Cheers!

Last edited:
@TallPaul_S I will post some pictures of the rear later but also the power plug is on the rear and some ventilation that curves around from the side so taking the rear handle off may not be a good idea

@TallPaul_S the rear handle sticks out 53mm from the main body and the power plug 35mm so by taking the handle off your only saving 18mm plus if your cutting a hole for the handle the lift up lid protrudes as well if you need anymore information let me know20230724_092420.jpg20230724_092447.jpg20230724_092534.jpg

@Bargy62 that's brilliant, thanks a lot!!

Looking at that, with the power socket placement and the more importantly, vent placement, it's just going to be too tight to fit in. I'm going to look at the alternative route of a non portable fridge unit instead, something like a dometic/alpicool etc CRX50, with a 240v adapter so it'll run off hookup when available or 12v as standard.

@Bargy62 that's brilliant, thanks a lot!!

Looking at that, with the power socket placement and the more importantly, vent placement, it's just going to be too tight to fit in. I'm going to look at the alternative route of a non portable fridge unit instead, something like a dometic/alpicool etc CRX50, with a 240v adapter so it'll run off hookup when available or 12v as standard.
Don't dismiss the portable unit as a freezer for camping it's brilliant and we wouldn't be without it we have the crx50 but only use it as a fridge

For sale:

Hi all, been meaning to check this for ages - is there any difference in running a compressor fridge (Indel TB21 in my case) from the cigarette lighter power cable versus a mains cable? Is one more efficient than the other when not hooked up and therefore running off the leisure battery?

Running from a mains cable would require the inverter to be switched on which in itself seems to use additional power. But maybe this is outweighed by running on 240V vs 12V.

Hi all, been meaning to check this for ages - is there any difference in running a compressor fridge (Indel TB21 in my case) from the cigarette lighter power cable versus a mains cable? Is one more efficient than the other when not hooked up and therefore running off the leisure battery?

Running from a mains cable would require the inverter to be switched on which in itself seems to use additional power. But maybe this is outweighed by running on 240V vs 12V.
I’m sure @Dellmassive has looked at this, maybe back this thread. IIRC, the fridge was more efficient using the 240v via the inverter

So whats my conclusion . . .?

well once again it seems that thing are more efficient running on 240v via an inverter off your 12v battery . . . . .

why?

well even with the efficiency losses going through the inverter 12-240-14.5v etc . .

it seem that the fridges are much happier when the see a good health voltage of 13.8v or above, (14.5v in the case of this power brick)
Thanks for the suggestion, I searched on 240V and found the above.

Some of the fridges/coolboxes with built in mains (not an external adapter) seem to regard the 12v as "temporary during transport" like the old 3 way fridges and only use the eco mode when on mains - my Camping Gaz one does this. So, counter intuitively, if off grid you can get better use of charge via the inverter rather than running it direct.

Thinking more about this - my Indel TB18 only has 12V (or 24V) supply option, and the 240V mains adaptor that I have is an aftermarket item with a female lighter socket and a brick which I assume is an adapter back from 12V to 240V. Seems that having the inverter change from 12V to 240V and the adapter to change back to 12V is not going to help in terms of efficiency running off leisure battery. Would I be correct do you think? Useful to get the fridge & contents nice and cold at home I suppose.

Certainly precooling everything will help.

Other tricks for extending the runtime I put over here:

Back