Fridges & Cold Beer -- How I Done It --

Hi there , im looking for a fridge for my conversion. I see you have mainly focused on the trunk style fridges, are these better than the build in traditional fridge style units? thanks

Hi there , im looking for a fridge for my conversion. I see you have mainly focused on the trunk style fridges, are these better than the build in traditional fridge style units? thanks

we have mainly looked at the mobile fridges. . .

but if you are looking for the fully fitted fridge . . . look at getting a compressor one.

@djgriff

all the compressor fridges are similar. . .

Dometic and Webasto are considered good brands.

maybe other members can offer further advice on fitted fridges?

++++

more info:

1655915036795.png

example:

Dometic CoolMatic CRX50 Premium Compressor Cabinet Fridge/Freezer (48 Litre) Stainless Steel Finish​

1655915081462.png

@djgriff

all the compressor fridges are similar. . .

Dometic and Webasto are considered good brands.

maybe other members can offer further advice on fitted fridges?

++++

more info:

View attachment 161927

example:

Dometic CoolMatic CRX50 Premium Compressor Cabinet Fridge/Freezer (48 Litre) Stainless Steel Finish​

View attachment 161928
Cheers man thanks!

50L for £224 !!!!

you aint getting cheaper than that !!!

20% off - HOT20

1657605973510.png

1657605963026.png

1657605932813.png

50L for £224 !!!!

20% off - HOT20

View attachment 164615

View attachment 164614

View attachment 164613
Cheers, that is a great price! I actually purchased the crx50 2 days ago and awaiting its arrival. That looks like a nice portable fridge though

50L for £224 !!!!

20% off - HOT20

View attachment 164615

View attachment 164614

View attachment 164613
Thanks for flagging this up @Dellmassive

took the plunge with the weather hotting up last week knowing we were going away camping.
it came quickly in the post, easy to set up and use and so much better than a coolbox. In fact it’s like comparing dial up and broadband!!!

CDC2DA04-78D8-41C9-9258-C1C144E6D2E5.jpegE639D5BB-78F9-479C-A530-6CCB6E705BA0.jpeg

Once you gone compressor there’s no turning back !
just used my new crx50 for the first time over the weekend, really really effective at cooling! on setting 3, items were frozen at the back of the fridge, really great little bit of kit, very impressed, all thanks to the help of the forum!

Thanks for flagging this up @Dellmassive

took the plunge with the weather hotting up last week knowing we were going away camping.
it came quickly in the post, easy to set up and use and so much better than a coolbox. In fact it’s like comparing dial up and broadband!!!

View attachment 166148View attachment 166150
Hi,

Seriously considering one of these, they look pretty decent, how have you found yours?

Am I right in thinking it's a single temp zone?

Finally have you been using a power pack or leisure battery? I'm thinking of getting a power pack as it gives a tad more flexibility.

Thanks!

Hi,

Seriously considering one of these, they look pretty decent, how have you found yours?

Am I right in thinking it's a single temp zone?

Finally have you been using a power pack or leisure battery? I'm thinking of getting a power pack as it gives a tad more flexibility.

Thanks!
@Jamest6t32 I’ve found it brilliant so far. Used it 3 or 4 times already. Tend to get it to temp at ho e in garage before we go, then switch to dc enroute to wherever we are going, then switch back to 3 pin via ehu. Just been away the last 4 days in the stinking hot and it never missed a beat.

temp is same in both compartments but adjustable down to -20°.

@Jamest6t32 I’ve found it brilliant so far. Used it 3 or 4 times already. Tend to get it to temp at ho e in garage before we go, then switch to dc enroute to wherever we are going, then switch back to 3 pin via ehu. Just been away the last 4 days in the stinking hot and it never missed a beat.

temp is same in both compartments but adjustable down to -20°.
I bought one after reading this thread and have used it on a trip in the heat and was so impressed. Tested it at home and it dropped down to -18 really quickly. We’re vegetarian so ran it at about 2degrees whilst we were away as no meat etc. I put it at the other end of the tent as I was expecting the normal compressor rattle as it woke up every 5 mins to keep it chilled but you wouldn’t have even known it was there. I would recommend

50L for £224 !!!!

20% off - HOT20

View attachment 164615

View attachment 164614

View attachment 164613
Any bags for these about?

Looking at the Alpicool/Outsunny and not sure what the difference is to be honest. This looks like a good deal on amazon at the moment and the 35L looks like it fits in the back of the Ovano units. £277 for the 35L

Alpicool TAW35 35L Car Fridge Freezer Portable Compressor Car Refrigerator 12/24V Electric Cooler for Camping, Road Trip, Picnic, Down to -20℃ https://amzn.eu/d/8ErR2Z8

So I've read quite a lot / most of this thread, but I'm a bit confused over the battery usage as the battery capacities mentioned in the thread are quoted as AmpHour

I have a portable power unit with a 1024 Wh capacity. So in my head that should run a 60 Watt coolbox/fridge for 17 hours (1024 / 60)

Or have I got that all wrong?

If the fridge ran 24/7 @ 60w then yeah, but it doesn't. It cycles on and off and that depends on the temperature it's competing with. So today it may only cycle for 10 minutes per hour, so you'll get 5 times your estimate. On a hot day maybe 30 minutes per hour, so twice your estimate.

Back