Does anyone know - esp the dia for the front step ducting - it looks like it goes from big to small so maybe 90 to 60mm?

The circular end of the pipe which has a rubber connector piece on it is 75mm. I have just ordered a 75-60 reducer to enable it to be paired to the heater. The one to the b-post is 90 mm, so again a reducer has been ordered.

thanks @DaveyB i get my parts the 02.03 but just wanted to order the heater kit in advance.. where do you get your adapter parts?

nice to see that the diameters are randomly different..!

thanks, i'll get that one and hope that the rest of the kit will be ok!

thanks, i'll get that one and hope that the rest of the kit will be ok!
You should be ok at that, since you are then going for the normal sort of air inlet duct to pass up into the van somewhere as that will just run straight in with the 60mm flexible ductwork taht will be supplied with the heater unit.

yup, should be good. cant wait to do it...but we're experencing v cold weather just now (-20) so it'll have to wait!

yup, should be good. cant wait to do it...but we're experencing v cold weather just now (-20) so it'll have to wait!
Surely this is the perfect time to be fitting it then. Weather here is down right awful at the moment too. It was a barmy -2.5 when i went out to the car for work this morning.:rofl:

@Fish Do you happen to know or could you measure the dia's of the step vent part - im just about to order a webasto kit and want to make sure i have everything covered! The kit comes with 60mm ducting..

Sorry mate. I missed this one but @DaveyB has it covered.

Surely this is the perfect time to be fitting it then. Weather here is down right awful at the moment too. It was a barmy -2.5 when i went out to the car for work this morning.:rofl:

2 points..
1 - you got up in morning?.
2. You work??. :thumbsdown:

2 points..
1 - you got up in morning?.
2. You work??. :thumbsdown:
O ha Dee ha, @Fish! I have a response to that, but I would not be anywhere near as inappropriate as to post it on this forum where kind hearted, good, honest people stop by. So get ready for a barrage of abuse via what’s app Mr!!!!!!!!!!

O ha Dee ha, @Fish! I have a response to that, but I would not be anywhere near as inappropriate as to post it on this forum where kind hearted, good, honest people stop by. So get ready for a barrage of abuse via what’s app Mr!!!!!!!!!!
:rolleyes::tongue bounce:fl

hello, have ou guys done your installations yet? I havent yet - planned for soon... im just looking at the webasto installytion instructions and they state that the exhaust silencer isnt 'available' to vehicules with under-ride protection??! Same with the step air intake..?

am i just misunderstanding the english? its been 10years since i left the uk but i do hold a decent grasp of the language still!

hello, have ou guys done your installations yet? I havent yet - planned for soon... im just looking at the webasto installytion instructions and they state that the exhaust silencer isnt 'available' to vehicules with under-ride protection??! Same with the step air intake..?

am i just misunderstanding the english? its been 10years since i left the uk but i do hold a decent grasp of the language still!
My Propex system will hopefully be getting installed on 26 March (fingers crossed bearing any massive fitment issues).
@Fish had his Eberspacher fitted a couple of weeks ago but had a couple of snags as per page 1 of this thread. Don’t think he has resolved it yet.
Don’t know how any of these differ from the Webasto you are looking at.

My Propex system will hopefully be getting installed on 26 March (fingers crossed bearing any massive fitment issues).
@Fish had his Eberspacher fitted a couple of weeks ago but had a couple of snags as per page 1 of this thread. Don’t think he has resolved it yet.
Don’t know how any of these differ from the Webasto you are looking at.

Unsure why it would be this way?.
Mine is fitted with an exhaust etc and is up and running, I have just got to connect the inlet ducting together.

normal_2015-03-22 09.29.40.jpg

ok thanks, that reassures me. No i dont see why it would be any different.. i have found pics on another forum of the underbelly of a cali without the protection & its the same thing..

@Fish did you go for the vw mount then in the end?

ok thanks, that reassures me. No i dont see why it would be any different.. i have found pics on another forum of the underbelly of a cali without the protection & its the same thing..

@Fish did you go for the vw mount then in the end?

Not as yet but yet to connect the front duct(due to time).

just had a chat to Webasto dealer and its to do wit hthe fact that the webasto & eber silencers are not gas tight, therefore with underbody protection the CO could build up and not escape.. potentially going into the van.. o_O

Back