I can now confirm that a Ebby D2 T5/T6 bracket doesnt fit within the OEM ducting. A modified bracket or OEM heater (not comfirmed) carrier is required.

Basically the ducting and the D2 sit at a different height/angle to each other.

@rod_vw maybe able to assist with info as I think he has done this previously on T5?

20180220_133255.jpg

20180220_133301.jpg

you need the vw bracket to fit with that i think..cant upload the pdf but i have saved a list of the parts required..

ah scrap that i didnt preview..

Attachments

• heater_parts.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 381
whilst you're under the van...can you tell me what size rivnuts we need? i have M6, requiring a 9mm hole..

So @Fish are you going to bodge the sheet metal bracket you have or buy the vw one? can you mount the bracket further back and use a flexible between the two?

my colleague who is going to be doing this also for his T5 soon asked me - does the original vw bracket fit ok with the under tray plastic - or have vw done different plastics for with/(without heating?

Last edited:
So @Fish are you going to bodge the sheet metal bracket you have or buy the vw one? can you mount the bracket further back and use a flexible between the two?

my colleague who is going to be doing this also for his T5 soon asked me - does the original vw bracket fit ok with the under tray plastic - or have vw done different plastics for with/(without heating?

That my friend is unknow atm.. @Deaky might be able to answer about undertray as he has OEM.
Welding a plate in is simple enough but not sure I want to do that.. rather it be right to be honest.. alittle frustrating but simple to rectify.

i was thinking bending the bracket - or adjusting how it'll fit.. it seems quite a way off tho..

The under tray plastics don't look special but I don't have anything to compare it to. When I had the trays off to fit my side bars the heater unit looked well out of the way of the tray

The outlet will fir but the inlet is approx 50mm out.. you would be able to simply bend the bracket as there isnt enough on it and the bracket fits within the chassis. They only way I can see of doing it, while keeping the provided bracket as much as possible would be to weld a wedge shape plate in..20mm at rear 50mm at front but welded towards the O/S.

20180220_134911.jpg

@Fish Do you happen to know or could you measure the dia's of the step vent part - im just about to order a webasto kit and want to make sure i have everything covered! The kit comes with 60mm ducting..

Back