@Fish how did you work your waterpump with the slimline tank if you dont mind me asking?

I'm considering either a slimline affair like yours in the DS panel / a wheelarch CAK or possibly a custom made underslung in the spare wheel slot (std underslung wont work for me with a 4motion).
The water pump is a separate thing with mine.. as it needs to be multi purpose. So the water pump is fixed to the kicten pod, which has quick connectors(JG push-fit) the pod can be used inside the van or outside in awning depending on setup.

The water pump is a separate thing with mine.. as it needs to be multi purpose. So the water pump is fixed to the kicten pod, which has quick connectors(JG push-fit) the pod can be used inside the van or outside in awning depending on setup.
Interesting, sounds similar to what im planning (slidepods like drawer kitchen).

When you use the pod out of the van do you extend water with a hose? Or just have no tap when it's outside?

Interesting, sounds similar to what im planning (slidepods like drawer kitchen).

When you use the pod out of the van do you extend water with a hose? Or just have no tap when it's outside?
Being push fit connections I swap from a whale inline pump to a submerged pump in a container.. this 'will' (not done yet) plug into a screwcap 12v socket on underside of van behind side bars.

What is your opinion on the duvalays?? Have you used them before??
We have never used them but love sleeping bags and are "getting on a bit" so I am beginning to look at a memory foam mattress. If these are reasonably portable and very comfortable then we might consider trying them.
They just seem really expensive to trial (you know, try once then decide we don't like them would be money I could spend on alloys).
:)
Just got back having survived my first weekend away with MrsF.

Just got back having survived my first weekend away with Mrs.F.
Alittle back ground on this that some may not be aware of.. Mrs.F. as awesome as she is, she can be a worrier.. so sometimes, against my better judgement(so im constantly told) I have not told her or done things that she is aware of. Mrs.F. has not seen inside, peep or have I even opened the doors with her anywhere near.
I didn't need the hassle or money questions of what I have been doing inside Bert.. this has been the case for some 9month...:eek:

I have been dreading this weekend for some time..With visions of her getting in the passenger seat, turning round to say "wTF!!".. "I cannot believe you!"... "how ****** much have you spent.." why the hell do we need a bloody TV..etc etc etc.."is that leather???!!!"

Anyway, she got in..I tacticlly carried on out side to let things settle before getting in.. decoded the clifford(she was unaware of) and set off.. not a word said! For the next 20mins my mind was awash with 'oh no here we go..'

I didn't have to worry, to her credit she took it all in her stride and guess she digested this in her own time..

Friday night we were out for a booked meal,
White Horse Inn Staunton Forest of Dean
Highly recommended, nice little pub with great food, very much worth the hr or so drive.

Last week I had telephone booked a night at,
Broadstonepark.co.uk ,the only issue with this was that I had no confirmation nor any official acknowledgment.. got to the pub tried to phone, (6times) no answer..balls!.
The options going through my head.. our wedding anniversary night pitched on the pub carpark? Maybe a layby I had seen a few miles before.. thinking.. I really need that hook Up I booked.. she can't get cold.. it will set the whole weekend off on a downer..

Long story short, it turned out, after asking a few people about the place down the rd, the Broadstone owner was drinking in the bar and doesn't get signal. Panic over!.

The site was undergoing alittle makeover(being re-grassed in some areas) but over all wasn't to bad. Grass field with EHU round the perimeter, toilet/shower block were clean and tidy, alittle walk from where we had pitched but no great shakes. £16/night.

Saturday n Sunday we were booked into Whitemead Holiday park, nice place aimed at families with lots of activities for them to do.

At £34.00 for the weekend I couldn't grumble.. access to pool, jacuzzi and steam rooms, really clean EHU etc etc.. was great value, however someone seem to have stolen the half gravel week booked..

Bert performed amazingly.. no clitchs, no issues, nothing. Learnt alot from the weekend and the 'list' has grown again..doh!.

Mrs.F. did quiz a few things but when I explained the reason and future for these things she understood..
as for the 32" TV...a planned filmed she like's (A star is born) was on the cards for Saturday night.. swiveled the rear seats, set up the wine and nibbles on the table, pressed play on the PS4 controller and full surround sound kicked in.. was like being in a cinema.. she loved it.. reclined and relaxed.. reason for TV proved!. (Departed was Sunday nights film)

Dovalay - simply awesome bit of kit, made the difference to HiLo sleeping without doubt. Only slight issue was that side-by-side they had the tendency to get damp on the edge against the canvas.. nothing that was so bad it was felt inside the duvalay but felt it was unavoidable without overlapping the matterss. Mrs.F loved her's. The fact that she could properly wrap herself in it and sleep comfortable was great.

All in all a great weekend with some minor adjustments to make.
Mrs.F had a good relaxing weekend, so another result.. she won't be hurrying to our meets and weekends but is thinking about where n what next.. maybe a trial run with girls in tow, VangoG will be a must for that weekend..!

Just got back having survived my first weekend away with Mrs.F.
Alittle back ground on this that some may not be aware of.. Mrs.F. as awesome as she is, she can be a worrier.. so sometimes, against my better judgement(so im constantly told) I have not told her or done things that she is aware of. Mrs.F. has not seen inside, peep or have I even opened the doors with her anywhere near.
I didn't need the hassle or money questions of what I have been doing inside Bert.. this has been the case for some 9month...:eek:

I have been dreading this weekend for some time..With visions of her getting in the passenger seat, turning round to say "wTF!!".. "I cannot believe you!"... "how ****** much have you spent.." why the hell do we need a bloomin TV..etc etc etc.."is that leather???!!!"

Anyway, she got in..I tacticlly carried on out side to let things settle before getting in.. decoded the clifford(she was unaware of) and set off.. not a word said! For the next 20mins my mind was awash with 'oh no here we go..'

I didn't have to worry, to her credit she took it all in her stride and guess she digested this in her own time..

Friday night we were out for a booked meal,
White Horse Inn Staunton Forest of Dean
Highly recommended, nice little pub with great food, very much worth the hr or so drive.

Last week I had telephone booked a night at,
Broadstonepark.co.uk ,the only issue with this was that I had no confirmation nor any official acknowledgment.. got to the pub tried to phone, (6times) no answer..balls!.
The options going through my head.. our wedding anniversary night pitched on the pub carpark? Maybe a layby I had seen a few miles before.. thinking.. I really need that hook Up I booked.. she can't get cold.. it will set the whole weekend off on a downer..

Long story short, it turned out, after asking a few people about the place down the rd, the Broadstone owner was drinking in the bar and doesn't get signal. Panic over!.

The site was undergoing alittle makeover(being re-grassed in some areas) but over all wasn't to bad. Grass field with EHU round the perimeter, toilet/shower block were clean and tidy, alittle walk from where we had pitched but no great shakes. £16/night.

Saturday n Sunday we were booked into Whitemead Holiday park, nice place aimed at families with lots of activities for them to do.

At £34.00 for the weekend I couldn't grumble.. access to pool, jacuzzi and steam rooms, really clean EHU etc etc.. was great value, however someone seem to have stolen the half gravel week booked..

Bert performed amazingly.. no clitchs, no issues, nothing. Learnt alot from the weekend and the 'list' has grown again..doh!.

Mrs.F. did quiz a few things but when I explained the reason and future for these things she understood..
as for the 32" TV...a planned filmed she like's (A star is born) was on the cards for Saturday night.. swiveled the rear seats, set up the wine and nibbles on the table, pressed play on the PS4 controller and full surround sound kicked in.. was like being in a cinema.. she loved it.. reclined and relaxed.. reason for TV proved!. (Departed was Sunday nights film)

Dovalay - simply awesome bit of kit, made the difference to HiLo sleeping without doubt. Only slight issue was that side-by-side they had the tendency to get damp on the edge against the canvas.. nothing that was so bad it was felt inside the duvalay but felt it was unavoidable without overlapping the matterss. Mrs.F loved her's. The fact that she could properly wrap herself in it and sleep comfortable was great.

All in all a great weekend with some minor adjustments to make.
Mrs.F had a good relaxing weekend, so another result.. she won't be hurrying to our meets and weekends but is thinking about where n what next.. maybe a trial run with girls in tow, VangoG will be a must for that weekend..!
Phew for you.
Not good for me; i’ve been waiting for the message to say she blown her nut, so I can laugh my butt off. Oh well, there is always time, considering everything else you still have planned.;)

Phew for you.
Not good for me; i’ve been waiting for the message to say she blown her nut, so I can laugh my butt off. Oh well, there is always time, considering everything else you still have planned.;)
Trouble is now pal.. phase 3 is really hard to justify..so going to take alot more careful planning..

Excellent news and no complaints!! Couldn't ask for a more successful weekend really.
:)
Not really mate.. was a real nice weekend, been home a few hours now and she's still talking to me..:thumbsup: even just caught her looking at the "cadiaci"(she calls it) website.. :laugh:

Trouble is now pal.. phase 3 is really hard to justify..so going to take alot more careful planning..
I’m sure a chap with as much practice of pulling the wool over his wife’s eye’s as you’ve had, will have no problem in managing it.

Not really mate.. was a real nice weekend, been home a few hours now and she's still talking to me..:thumbsup: even just caught her looking at the "cadiaci"(she calls it) website.. :laugh:
Yeah, she has made a mental note of some of the “essential accessories” you’ve been showing her all weekend; now she is googling the prices. She’s a clever one that MrsF, very astute. In other words, your goose is cooked!:rofl:

Mrs.F. has not seen inside, peep or have I even opened the doors with her anywhere near.

:rofl:
love it. Nice one @Fish Congrats on pulling it all off.
Looking forward to seeing phase 3...

Yeah, she has made a mental note of some of the “essential accessories” you’ve been showing her all weekend; now she is googling the prices. She’s a clever one that MrsF, very astute. In other words, your goose is cooked!:rofl:
You, my friend know to much..lol.. and obviously spot on, if only there was a way to edit the internet prices.

Must say @Stewby the duvalay was great..I went with the freshtec 40mm variant which was great, would like to know how the 50mm feels(apart from being 10mm thicker) so might treat myself to another one and let Ethan have mine.
As for packed size - the carry bag is good and right for the the intended purpose. Rolled up the 40mm will be approx 18" high.
We found that the duvalay could be laid flat on the bedboard even whilst up but the pillows had to be placed on the front edge.
As mentioned that they can increase wicking on the canvas but wasn't anything major.

Both are now in the washing machine.
Overall,it made a massive difference to our nights sleep.

Back