I would like to retract everything I said about Mrs.F...

She is still a 'Co*k'!.

Nah mate.. she didn't have my tea ready when I got back home... and only cooked 8 pancakes for me.. whats that all about!!. Joke..

That is completely unacceptable. She owes you a present for that. Tell her not to worry, you will get something for the van.
;)

Nice little work meeting yesterday.. even bumped into a nice little White van belonging to @K854 (mainly on FB, which I did mention was not the right place :whistle:).

20190314_163107.jpg

Being push fit connections I swap from a whale inline pump to a submerged pump in a container.. this 'will' (not done yet) plug into a screwcap 12v socket on underside of van behind side bars.
Another QQ on your water setup.... where do you have your inlet? I assume it needs to be above the tank so must be somewhere clever as I doubt you have it plonked on the van's side?!

Another QQ on your water setup.... where do you have your inlet? I assume it needs to be above the tank so must be somewhere clever as I doubt you have it plonked on the van's side?!
Mine is in the rear, behind an Internal panel. I didn't want an outside one nor did I want it visible.
It is filled with either a hozelock type or submersible pump(for cleaning or on site using a container?. Best of both worlds.

Mine is in the rear, behind an Internal panel. I didn't want an outside one nor did I want it visible.
It is filled with either a hozelock type or submersible pump(for cleaning or on site using a container?. Best of both worlds.

That makes sense. I didnt think youd defile your van with a huge port on the side!

I guess you have the fill port up fairly high to allow downward flow to the tank?

That makes sense. I didnt think youd defile your van with a huge port on the side!

I guess you have the fill port up fairly high to allow downward flow to the tank?
Not really it is below fill point really, rely on the pressure to push the water to the tank till fill on gauge.
Draw-back to this method is the little remaining in the pipe. This doesn't bother me really as before each planned use i'm cleaning the tank and flushing it through with pump on before I refill for the final time.. on its on this can take a while but I'm always packing Bert or changing layout mode etc.

Nothing over engineered but works for my needs... in few months I will test the water after this process and see if it is contaninated.. its only washing, kettle or cooking really.

On another note, really not sure if the tank should be left empty or partially full, when not in use.. Bert is used daily so water would always be moving in the tank etc.. but is this right or wrong..
Motorhome man?? @Tourershine
Travel veteran?? @Davenjo

On another note, really not sure if the tank should be left empty or partially full, when not in use.. Bert is used daily so water would always be moving in the tank etc.. but is this right or wrong..
Motorhome man?? @Tourershine
Travel veteran?? @Davenjo

When I'm not using my motorhome, tanks always drained and tap left open.
When I am using it, I fill it up before I leave, and the tank is kept full during my travels.

but if you leave the drain open, which on my tank is a large screw cap, there is the possibility to have mices climb in and nest, you wouldnt know until the drowned carcass blocked the tap or dropped out on the next drain.... :cautious:

but if you leave the drain open, which on my tank is a large screw cap, there is the possibility to have mices climb in and nest, you wouldnt know until the drowned carcass blocked the tap or dropped out on the next drain.... :cautious:
That's true, and I did get mice in through the Truma vent in my T5. Not happened to the T6 yet and I live surrounded by fields, then again the T6 fits in the garage because it's SWB and the T5 wasn't.

I thought being 'fish' you would know all about water quality and tanks :whistle:

Ok I'm off to count my micro fibers :oops:

Back