Falling in love a bit .....

Bodyboarder81

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all , just thought I’d start a little thread on our new to us t6 ....

Little bit about us

Im Josh ....been with my beautiful wife for 23 years and have 2 boys to keep us busy ! I’m a tree surgeon and Amy is a garden designer. We live Southampton way , on the edge of the new Forest .

This is our first transporter and has replaces our family Nissan x-trail that served us well for 5 years .

C322AC89-FE7E-4B6C-8A18-634E5850C4C9.jpeg412B894D-C428-4949-8219-DC0100A54D0F.jpeg

We bought our t6 about 2 weeks ago and already had a plan of how we’d like to make it our own with a few different bits and bobs .... 4A13A973-D4E3-47B2-BEAA-B323D92556D2.jpeg66596696-E81E-4794-961E-73BEBBD8413A.jpeg

Then I found this forum and it went down hill from there with the spending !!

First I got vw to fit the Sportline front and rear spoilers and eibach springs ... negotiated it all in when we bought the van , so got a half decent deal on it ...... in hind sight shouldn’t have bothered with the eibach / vw springs 140393C6-9B51-4331-A4D9-C61F21E43B47.jpeg

Back home and a very happy wife

Hi all , just thought I’d start a little thread on our new to us t6 ....

Little bit about us

Im Josh ....been with my beautiful wife for 23 years and have 2 boys to keep us busy ! I’m a tree surgeon and Amy is a garden designer. We live Southampton way , on the edge of the new Forest .

This is our first transporter and has replaces our family Nissan x-trail that served us well for 5 years .

View attachment 74439View attachment 74440

We bought our t6 about 2 weeks ago and already had a plan of how we’d like to make it our own with a few different bits and bobs .... View attachment 74442View attachment 74443

Then I found this forum and it went down hill from there with the spending !!
Welcome aboard! I bought my first van 18 months ago and have been cursing myself for not getting one years ago! Here’s to many happy years ahead for you and yours in your new van!

Welcome along enjoy the experiance, nearly completed my conversion now taken about a year and the pockets are still not deep enough but its been great fun and invaluable peoples experiances and knowledge on this forum

Plans next are the csr H&R 40mm springs along with KONI dampers . Set of seat covers ... I’ll be getting the seat belt webbing done in blue ( had this done in my other car to red and was fantastic mod for the money !)
3B756D7B-607A-42FB-9969-F17EF6799E5A.jpeg

Then I’ll be off to see absolute audio for some stereo related stuff I think .

Basically we are head over heels in love with the van !

We’ve all done it .... bought something and had really high expectations for it and it’s been a bit of a disappointment, but sometimes , just sometimes you spend the money and think ‘ yeah that was a great buy ‘

Hi .. @Bodyboarder81 ..firstly Welcome ....secondly your drive looks nice Have you thought about a wooden low pitch carport to cover the other love of your life. ...T6 :)

Hi .. @Bodyboarder81 ..firstly Welcome ....secondly your drive looks nice Have you thought about a wooden low pitch carport to cover the other love of your life. ...T6 :)

I’d love to !! But literally have too many cars and not enough room . I run my business from home , so unfortunately all work related stuff is in the garage , along with the Porsche .

Looking good, it never ceases to amaze me how much you can improve the look of the T6 with just 3 simple things, a front spoiler, lowered suspension and a decent set of bigger wheels.

Welcome along enjoy the experiance, nearly completed my conversion now taken about a year and the pockets are still not deep enough but its been great fun and invaluable peoples experiances and knowledge on this forum

Yes the forum is full of all the information I’d ever need . ..... that reminds me I need to pay up to be a proper member

Looking good, it never ceases to amaze me how much you can improve the look of the T6 with just 3 simple things, a front spoiler, lowered suspension and a decent set of bigger wheels.

100% ..... looks like a totally different van from 2 weeks ago .... just need to sort the ride height a bit ... all a bit nose down for my liking

I’d love to !! But literally have too many cars and not enough room . I run my business from home , so unfortunately all work related stuff is in the garage , along with the Porsche .

Ooohh Porsche - what have you got? I have a 996 C2.

Looking at the pic - Cayman

Need to decide what blue the belts are going to best match the exterior .... BF25DA4B-0D17-47CE-A9BB-A29EEDEC4D07.jpeg

As said these are a cracking mod and really bring any interior to life a bit . Only about £40 a belt as well .

Wanting to get black side Bars and roof rails but everywhere seems to be out of stock at the moment .

Ooohh Porsche - what have you got? I have a 996 C2.

It’s only 981 cayman s .... made a few changes to it . I’ve always been a massive Porsche fan and took me a long time and an awful lot effort / work / saving to be able to get it about 2 years ago . Love it though and feel very very lucky to have a realistic dream car of mine .

Love the 996 .... started to come up in price now as well . Was very tempted by a rpm fettled one myself . BB5969AF-2C4A-4C7F-9340-FBABB42180DF.jpeg178F1759-8861-41CC-9F48-22F159B6CCCD.jpeg3298C2DB-EB57-4FBD-96ED-7685E6A81773.jpeg

Here is mine - Slate grey which is quite rare. On a bit of a journey with it. 2 1/2 years into ownership and lots done to it. Few more bits and pieces to do but nothing major apart from exhaust manifold bolts. Just changed the sunroof seal tonight.

View attachment 74458

That is stunning ... wow !

Such a nice colour and those classic Porsche lines , love it .

You say ‘only’ a 981 Cayman - I think they are the sweetspot of the boxster / cayman series and still 6 cylinders with all of the earlier IMS / bore score / D chunk issues resolved! I’d have one.

Back