Falling in love a bit .....

Got a few more bits done to our van over the last few days .....

Seat covers on 76C9EBAE-A43D-4C34-A8C7-848213902277.jpeg
CD1D3D86-69F1-4396-9A32-9AB2861C83CA.jpeg
Painted the callipers ....

C1CDAE1F-9C3C-49B1-A06A-7443DDC932C0.jpeg
wife’s been loving it so far .... but I’ve put my foot down and taken the blue flowers out the windscreen!
EFB5A0DC-DA9C-4E69-9FE1-9A58A3617212.png
And then just got these through the post today ... from @CRS Performance ....D218A0DD-E3EC-4CAE-999B-0170E817B62F.jpeg
Hopefully get them fitted and an alignment done ASAP

still waiting on my mats from ‘rugs for dubs’ ... seem to be taking a while to get here !?
Also need to decide if I’ll sell my standard wheels ? What are they worth ? I expect everyone one on here has a set sat somewhere!
5747BC52-454E-4C46-8FA6-719B0E79B2EE.jpeg6F11C3D9-FBD1-4405-8847-8C3F5C28320D.jpeg6977E9C8-B475-4DBB-8650-5E87409F5D56.jpeg

Loving what you are doing with your van @Bodyboarder81.

Got £280 end of last year for my unmarked set, on Preloved of all places.

thanks dude ... yeah really enjoying ownership so far and it’s exciting for both me and my wife to plan things for it .

ok that’s great .... I’d be well happy with anything round that price to be honest . These are unmarked as well and have only covered 6500 miles. I’ll have a think about it :)

Had the H&R / Koni set up from @CRS Performance fitted today ..... alignment done after . Really happy with the suspension now .... I’d say it’s 30% better in every situation compared to my eibach/vw spring set up .

A8618854-D3AD-4709-8D41-9F5348AA8E6E.jpeg0852D67B-2311-4545-AFE8-7AC01CE1F2EF.jpeg

then had a few hours spare and gave it a clean and polished the roof and ceramic coated it
037241E7-FFE6-42BF-8435-B4677CE33801.jpeg
That’s when I noticed this !!
E9303206-892B-4D3C-8CC6-C4817C049CC2.jpeg
Pretty sure it’s a manufacture defect .... there’s is zero sign of any paint work . Feels like seam sealer but as has been pointed out , this should have been rectified at the pdi from vw . It’s booked in with my local dealer to get sorted . If they come back with it’s not covered , I’ll be heading up to oxford vw ) where the van came from ) and they will have to sort it .
So after starting the day well ... was in a bad mood now ....

what to do next .....

F278156E-AC50-481A-AC5C-B5E109734B16.jpeg
Bit of snow foam always brings me back to a good mood ! Haha

then off to buy some banana trees ... like you do !
B68067DF-C4FF-4B6D-95ED-79C9F41471FF.jpeg

6BC5F9DC-E776-4246-949C-A7637CB514A2.jpeg

Feels like seam sealer but as has been pointed out , this should have been rectified at the pdi from vw .
Looks like the robots aren’t being used by Vw production and employing under qualified humans...also looks like dealers aren’t being trained on how to use steps to look higher...hate to thinks wants on a crafter.. :sick:

just realised same topic different thread ;)

Last edited:
Looks like the robots aren’t being used by Vw production and employing under qualified humans...also looks like dealers aren’t being trained on how to use steps to look higher...hate to thinks wants on a crafter...your the second van same issue same area :sick:

you got a link to the other one ?

just found the instructions and details of all the fittings of the Sportline spoiler on the front . I think the dealer has used around 50% of the fixing that should have been fitted :(

you got a link to the other one ?

just found the instructions and details of all the fittings of the Sportline spoiler on the front . I think the dealer has used around 50% of the fixing that should have been fitted :(
Seen my error ....falling in love a bit. and Odd ?! Are the same vehicle... oops sorry.. do feel your pain

Seen my error ....falling in love a bit. and Odd ?! Are the same vehicle... oops sorry.. do feel your pain

Could be worse I suppose .... I always try and put these things into perspective... very annoying but a lot of people have proper problems to be dealing with at the moment .

My family are all well and I love my wife :)

Could be worse I suppose .... I always try and put these things into perspective... very annoying but a lot of people have proper problems to be dealing with at the moment .

My family are all well and I love my wife :)
[/QUOTE

Yes agree..but life is easier without people letting you down :thumbsup:

Right .... had a good drive out today ( down to southbourne for a surf ) so was able to get a good feel for the H&R/ Koni set up .

originally I thought they were about 25 % better in all situations.

I was wrong

They are a massive improvement. Around town at lower speeds with rubbish roads they are still , what I would call firm ... but have have softened the harsh ride by around 30% . On the move at above 30-40mph .... this is when they are even better . So much smoother and have made it feel like a different van altogether when on the motorway and faster roads .

For reference I did have a full wheel alignment done after . Some have said that you wouldn’t need it ... but the print out doesn’t lie , and the toe was well out front and rear . £40 well spent .

Also worth noting is that the van ( in my opinion) sits bang on for what we wanted . A 10-20mm rake from the front to the back .

Very pleased indeed .

First I got vw to fit the Sportline front and rear spoilers and eibach springs ... negotiated it all in when we bought the van , so got a half decent deal on it ...... in hind sight shouldn’t have bothered with the eibach / vw springs View attachment 74444

Back home and a very happy wife
Welcome on board this is the best forum you’ll find !!! ps if you’d driven it far without those springs you’d know why you got them they get rid of the motorboat wobbling and bouncy vaning imo

Welcome on board this is the best forum you’ll find !!! ps if you’d driven it far without those springs you’d know why you got them they get rid of the motorboat wobbling and bouncy vaning imo

well they will be for sale soon .... the vw/eibach springs that is ... only covered 500 miles

Back