AT6 OYEH! Reflex Silver T6 SWB Kombi with added ABT

John A

VCDS User
Now then

I’ve lurked for a while as Facebook groups have generally taken over forum activity, but thought I’d start a thread on the van, as I expect it will go through some small, continued transformations….

We bought our 2016 SWB Highline Kombi in March last year when then littlest one came along, and we discovered that there wasn’t the room in either our Qashqai or A4 Avant for three kids to travel comfortably.
I do a bit on VDub Radio, so it was a foregone conclusion really that we would get a T6. I’d have like a T6.1 but was out of budget.

I found this one on eBay within 10 miles and it ticked the boxes for mileage (50k), price, 2 front seats and a rear bench, twin slider and tailgate, and had already been carpeted in the back and fitted with Vibe speakers in the rear. It’s a EU5 140 6 speed manual, previously owned by a tuner, so has a map and feels like it is about 180bhp/330 ish lb ft.

IMG_0309.jpegIMG_0068.jpeg

Usual Highline kit (heated screen, air con, electric windows and mirrors, auto lights/wipers/dipping mirror, rear OPS).
It also has high beam assist, headlight washers and heated washer jets (don’t know if they were standard). It also had some ABT treatment, so has LLL supplied “ABT” embroidered leather (or probably pleather, but can’t have been cheap), a removable tow hitch and tow prep, ABT front skirt, ABT CR 20s, plus side bars, a generic rear spoiler and rear LEDs (these might have been ticked on the options list from new).

I’ve fitted Vanstyle headlights with Philips LEDs (they call them ‘V4’ but they’re remarkably similar to THQ V3s) and then, after we went to VW Bus Festival in Hanover, I sourced and fitted some ‘Bulli’ badges (when I say “source”, I found them on Amazon….) and then some chrome trimmed (Caravelle?) side repeaters and Silvervision bulbs to get rid of the fried egg look.

IMG_3385.jpeg

I’m not a massive fan of shiny chrome but I think these look ok

IMG_5342.jpeg

I fitted a new gearknob and gaiter (from VW) as the old ones were a bit tired, and the usual stuff like the wiper blades have been done, it’s had a timing belt and water pump because I believe they were due (regardless of whether VW now recommend 15+ years and 130k)

I put a Discover Media MIB2 in, for CarPlay and aome LV carpet mats. I managed to code in the mirrors to fold on the key (eventually).

I have some fancy brakes to fit, I’d like some coilovers too - it was on Eibach ‘Raceline’ springs until one was discovered to have snapped. I swapped them out for a set of H&R 50mm, but I’d like some coilovers. I’ve messaged @CRS Performance on Facebook and hoping for a reply.

I am getting ‘insufficient flow’ on the EGR, so it might be time to swap it. I really don’t want to blank or map it out as I believe, like the DPF, it’s there for a reason and I want to keep it that way.

It also has to support the odd camping trip at the VW festivals we go to with VDub Radio, so I bought a second hand Infinity Customs bed and a SIM, which is fine for the 3-4 weekends per year it’s actually used.

IMG_5343.jpeg

IMG_5344.jpeg

IMG_5345.jpeg
IMG_5346.jpeg
IMG_5347.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't rely on FB, give Steve at CRS a call tomorrow, he's better on the phone!

Back