Falling in love a bit .....

You say ‘only’ a 981 Cayman - I think they are the sweetspot of the boxster / cayman series and still 6 cylinders with all of the earlier IMS / bore score / D chunk issues resolved! I’d have one.

Yes I completely agree .... I don't need a faster car than this . It does everything I want and sounds incredible with the howl of the 6 cylinder. It’s a great merge between old school ( engine / exhaust note ) and new gen design.

If you want to see more on it head over to ‘max Revs’ on you tube ... I did a little lock down video for his channel on it .... it’s cringe though ... don’t think I’ll be a vlogger any time soon ! Haha

It’s only 981 cayman s .... made a few changes to it . I’ve always been a massive Porsche fan and took me a long time and an awful lot effort / work / saving to be able to get it about 2 years ago . Love it though and feel very very lucky to have a realistic dream car of mine .

Love the 996 .... started to come up in price now as well . Was very tempted by a rpm fettled one myself . View attachment 74455View attachment 74456View attachment 74457
I very nearly bought cayman before the T6. I sort of wish I had as at least I would still have some spare cash:whistle:

I very nearly bought cayman before the T6. I sort of wish I had as at least I would still have some spare cash:whistle:

You probably made the better choice with the t6 , Porsche’s, no matter which one you get cost a lot to play with .... I don’t even want to add up what the Porsche has cost me . 7k on the carbon seats alone ! Ouch

I sold my 991 to go back to a T6 and don't regret it for a second. As much as I liked the Porsche the T6 ticks more boxes for me. Got it off my bucket list though. ;)

If you’re good with spanners an early boxster or 996 is a reasonable purchase proposition, however a £65K supercar (when new) does need an ongoing maintenance budget but DIY maintenance makes it doable for me.

Oh, and some of the early boxsters and all 996’s can lunch their engines without notice which is a £10K+ rebuild. Similar costs to an air cooled rebuild but people seem to baulk at the cost for water cooled.

Caveat Emptor!

That said if you like driving for pleasure they are sublime!

Now I see.....I had a large box tree cut down 10 yrs back and that cost £600..so a tree like that ...wow..and you get to sell the main trunk on ( if only for fire wood) ....it’s one of though’s jobs as a kid you want to do.....and get paid for it:)

Now I see.....I had a large box tree cut down 10 yrs back and that cost £600..so a tree like that ...wow..and you get to sell the main trunk on ( if only for fire wood) ....it’s one of though’s jobs as a kid you want to do.....and get paid for it:)

Yeah it can be fun but it’s also incredible dangerous ( I’ve got a few scares to prove it !) and after 20 odd years doing it , my climbing days are numbered now .

I have a small Stihl two stroke donated by my father in law as he hadnt used it in years (they have a log burner).

I also like axes for some reason - recently refitted the head of my big axe (it was loose) and put a new handle on my grandparents coal axe, which is basically a ball pein hammer that the blacksmith turned into an axe. I’ve just bought a mini belt sander and found this is really good for sharpening them. I clamp the sander to the bench and move the axe. I’ve got my dads Gilpin axe to renovate too. Also have a modern Hultafors Swedish axe.

Dont worry, I’m not a homicidal maniac!

Maybe not .... but how many axes does one man need hahaha .

What is it with men and having a collection ! I was building up a little watch collection for myself and then our youngest accidentally smashed my most expensive one .... then I had to slap myself round the face , so to speak and stop collecting , as I’m in very close danger of being a proper muppet .....

Yeah it can be fun but it’s also incredible dangerous ( I’ve got a few scares to prove it !) and after 20 odd years doing it , my climbing days are numbered now .
You earn every penny of your money. :thumbsup:
I help a tree surgeon / woodsman, it's a job that punishes severely for a moment's lapse of concentration, tree surgeons don't tend to get minor injuries.
It's interesting to watch the industry adopting new battery technology, while it is a long way from replacing the petrol chainsaw in all circumstances, battery chainsaws look very useful tools and the batteries get better every year.
As i get older I find myself reaching for the lightest saw that will do the job! :laugh:
Stay safe.

You earn every penny of your money. :thumbsup:
I help a tree surgeon / woodsman, it's a job that punishes severely for a moment's lapse of concentration, tree surgeons don't tend to get minor injuries.
It's interesting to watch the industry adopting new battery technology, while it is a long way from replacing the petrol chainsaw in all circumstances, battery chainsaws look very useful tools and the batteries get better every year.
As i get older I find myself reaching for the lightest saw that will do the job! :laugh:
Stay safe.

Yep couldn’t agree more . The electric stuff is so nice to use for smaller jobs though .

Oh dear, I have a watch collection too :rolleyes:. Only one big name and quite a few modest but highly regarded.

It seems I’m in good company on this forum then ! :)

I have a limit of 1k on a watch ..... not that it stops me looking above that range mind ! but that’s where I’m comfortable

Last watch purchase was an Orient Bambino (part of the Epsom group which includes Seiko) just over £100 for hand and self winding mechanical watch...

B2390850-BF92-4C58-BA59-1728F26A2D75.jpeg

Back