T6.1 Door Seals

C4S

T6 Pro
Hi, just wondering if some one can help me with the following,

I know there’s a lot of debate on here about door seals, or dust seals whatever they are called,
I spoke to the dealer this morning to see if I could add these and apparently they’re not an option on a Kombi ? Or on a T6.1 at all ?

Is this simply because they’re not needed or is it one of those things where by everyone asks for it so they made it a standard feature ?

Any one with a T6.1 Kombi that could advise of noise ?

Thanks

Noise levels seem to be a lot about personal opinions- I’ve got a 6.1 Kombi and all I’ve done is carpet lined the hardboard panels and I don’t find it noisy at all. I did try the aftermarket extra door seals and although they made the sound of the door shutting a satisfying clunk I didn’t notice any difference in noise levels. But they started to come unstuck so I binned them!

Probably the first bit of sound proofing that owners carry out but realistically achieves next to nothing when looking at all the other sound proofing to be done.
As for ‘sounding like a Golf’, not sure where that started, never been tempted to listen to a VW Golf door closing either so I couldn’t verify either way.

Just had the sound deadening and carpeting done on my Kombi, will see what its like when I get it back, not that I thought it was that noisy as I’m always in the front driving but thought it might make a difference to the rear passengers..we will see

I don’t mind the noise, my other car is about as stripped out as any car has ever been, no doors windows or a roof, I’m replacing a T6 Caravelle that has the extra seals and there’s zero wind noise thro the A Pillar, I can cope with wind rain sleet or snow but the wind noise thro a door seal is like water torture,
The extra seals were available as an option on the Velle or T6 but not an option on the 6.1 ?

Probably the first bit of sound proofing that owners carry out but realistically achieves next to nothing when looking at all the other sound proofing to be done.
As for ‘sounding like a Golf’, not sure where that started, never been tempted to listen to a VW Golf door closing either so I couldn’t verify either way.
Used to be an TV advert of people closing a golf door and saying 'sounds like a golf' I guess its to highlight a satisfying thud implying superior build quality.

Used to be an TV advert of people closing a golf door and saying 'sounds like a golf' I guess its to highlight a satisfying thud implying superior build quality.
That was back in the 70s and 80s when you were making a comparison with the carefully engineered tinny sound of a Morris Marina door that had been manufactured on a Friday afternoon. Times have moved on thank goodness.

I just installed the “extra” door seals on my Kombi and Jeeso what a difference!! Well worth the £15!!!

Still wondering if anyone has tried fitting the upgrade doorseals to latest model T6.1...2023.
Apparently after T6.1 came out, the first models could but then there was a change and not sure if latest ,(2023) model can be fitted.
Does anyone know of any that have tried? Cheers.

Still wondering if anyone has tried fitting the upgrade doorseals to latest model T6.1...2023.
Apparently after T6.1 came out, the first models could but then there was a change and not sure if latest ,(2023) model can be fitted.
Does anyone know of any that have tried? Cheers.
Fitted to my t6.1 no problem and such a difference just make sure they are cut and fitted correctly as not to interfere with the door plus you may find that a firm push or pull is required now

Fitted to my t6.1 no problem and such a difference just make sure they are cut and fitted correctly as not to interfere with the door plus you may find that a firm push or pull is required now
Thanks for that...what year is your T6.1?

They're fitted to my 2023 6.1 kombi-derived camper. It makes a helluva difference - I can barely close the bloody doors now. :think smile bounce:

Seriously, I have to slam the doors to get them to close, but the sound is now deffo more clunk than click.

Last edited:
They're fitted to my 2023 6.1 kombi-derived camper. It makes a helluva difference - I can barely close the bloody doors now. :think smile bounce:

Seriously, I have to slam the doors to get them to close, but the sound is now deffo more clunk than click.

Thanks Bav....I have them on my 2018 T6 and yes they do make a difference..that why I want to put on my new 2023 T6.1.
Thanks again . Cheers

Reactions: Bav
Thanks for that...what year is your T6.1?
Late 2022 but there is loads on the market and some of the seals are better than other
As some don’t crush fully making it almost impossible to shut the door without a slam did try a couple first but removed and finally
Got mine from transporter HQ perfect
All the best
They do a set with a windscreen seal to dash as well

Back