New Raceline Member Need Advice- 21” wheels 50mm springs

GRW

Hi All, been reading the forum for a couple of years, its such a great pot of information on our T6's.
Thought I'd go straight into and post here in the new members area, have searched loads on forum and I just can;t find the specifics I'm looking
for and I'm pretty sure you helpful bunch will have the right advice ;)

So, a 2019 T6 T32 kombi 4motion raceline conversion, which we're looking at making some changes to as it now has a bit of different purpose,
lots of running stuff about now, lots of motorway time and a small bit of tracks and grass, the hard suspension and 21" wheels can't stay
any longer, especially not on the M25.

Currently has 21" wheels, with 275/35/r21's, came with Eibach Pro Circuit Suspension, 50mm Eibach pro springs, and a forge big brake kit, 356 discs I think,
have already swapped the 50mm eibach springs for 40mm cobras, which did help a bit, .

Want to go for a bit more comfort and tbh a bit more of an all rounder, was thinking swamper route but it just spends to much time on motorways in
different weather for full AT tyres, so think we're now looking at some 18" wheels with something like a 245/55/r18 all season tyre, hoping this would be
ok with big brakes, Anyone done something similar, going from 21's down ?
We still like the lowered look and the new wheel / tyre setup should fill the arches aswell and keep the rolling much the same as the 21's do (I think), but does
anyone think I need to go for a full suspension and spring change or even just a softer spring than the 40mm cobra or would the new tyre/rubber setup give
that bit more comfort we're after.

I'm hoping lots of talking points there for all you knowledgeable lot :)
and any advice/views, good or bad :) is much appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Reactions: CAB
Ok firstly the Raceline set up is notoriously hard as it’s based on Bilstein B8 shocks. The springs are made by eibach but their too low for the shocks . Note , Springs don’t make comfort , shocks do , so softer springs will not work and don’t exist .
if the race line brake kit is on the van. I don’t think the calipers will fit in 18 inch wheels. Need to check the disc size there are 2 Sizes 360 and 380 mm. the 360 might work in 18 inch wheel
therefore. A full suspension change needed for sure , can’t do anything with the poorly matched stuff you have . Good suspension will work with most sensible wheel combos. 21 inch isn’t ideal and difficult to get load rated tyres for .
Interested to see what other experts make of this , and offer , but We can definitely make your van comfortable and pleasure able to drive..

Ok firstly the Raceline set up is notoriously hard as it’s based on Bilstein B8 shocks. The springs are made by eibach but their too low for the shocks . Note , Springs don’t make comfort , shocks do , so softer springs will not work and don’t exist .
if the race line brake kit is on the van. I don’t think the calipers will fit in 18 inch wheels. Need to check the disc size there are 2 Sizes 360 and 380 mm. the 360 might work in 18 inch wheel
therefore. A full suspension change needed for sure , can’t do anything with the poorly matched stuff you have . Good suspension will work with most sensible wheel combos. 21 inch isn’t ideal and difficult to get load rated tyres for .
Interested to see what other experts make of this , and offer , but We can definitely make your van comfortable and pleasure able to drive..
thank you for that info, much appreciated.
first stop is to a wheel shop next week to see if any 18’s fit over the 360’s forge callipers and discs.
decide on some wheels and tyres, prob all seasons not the full AT’s, although if can get a set of 18’s to fit then at a least we have the option on tyre, see how that goes and rides and then maybe decide on the suspension.
thanks again, just made realise i prob need to do this stage by stage.

thank you for that info, much appreciated.
first stop is to a wheel shop next week to see if any 18’s fit over the 360’s forge callipers and discs.
decide on some wheels and tyres, prob all seasons not the full AT’s, although if can get a set of 18’s to fit then at a least we have the option on tyre, see how that goes and rides and then maybe decide on the suspension.
thanks again, just made realise i prob need to do this stage by stage.
Not called money pits for nothing ha ha

Back