engine coolant bypass valve control vw t 6.1 diesel

Dell

Hi guys,
I have a fault engine light coming on. I read it and it comes up as a engine coolant bypass valve stuck and also engine coolant bypass valve control circuit high it is on a 204 t6.1 2023 model with 8000mlies

Hi guys,
I have a fault engine light coming on. I read it and it comes up as a engine coolant bypass valve stuck and also engine coolant bypass valve control circuit high it is on a 204 t6.1 2023 model with 8000mlies
Hi. What was the outcome of this? Think I have the same issue.

Yes I erased it with my OBD reader but it popped again still in orange not green so I booked it into the dealers. Took it in they plugged in the diagnostic and said it was an engine coolant bypass valve which basically is what the OBD reader has read. As they did not stock the part, they gave me another date ath following week and got it sorted. It was in for about four hours to change the part and wash the van.
it has done just over 2000miles since and it is ok. The said try not to use it a lot on short runs as this could have been the problem, but still it was covered under warranty.

What is the fault code?
Engine light came on in orange and when I plugged the OBD reader it said there was a problem with the engine coolant bypass valve control circuit, and that is what they said they had changed under warranty.

Yes there was but I cannot remember what it said exactly, but the garage soon figured it out

I've had this fault today. MARSHALL told me they couldn't get it in for diagnostics until 27/3!
Vw assist came and diagnosed. They've ordered parts and fair play to the guy..... he's fixing it on the driveway tomorrow.

I've had this fault today. MARSHALL told me they couldn't get it in for diagnostics until 27/3!
Vw assist came and diagnosed. They've ordered parts and fair play to the guy..... he's fixing it on the driveway tomorrow.
It's also part of a "common fault bulletin" at VW but isn't a recall. 2022 T6.1

Valve changed over today. I don't have a opy of the text but on the work sheet it does say confirmed fault P26B100 Engine coolant bypass valve. TPI 2071864/2 to replace valve.

Are you down south?

Changed a few of these bypass valves recently, but hadn't seen a tpi yet.

Last edited:
Just had mine done (P26AB and P26B1 errors).
VW Assist guy said it had to be done at dealers as has to be kept under as much of a vacuum whilst doing it.
Not sure how much of a vacuum, or what they need the vacuum for, but crux was that with the T6.1 (possibly T6 also), needs to be done at dealers. Don't shoot the messenger - just passing on the info I got.

Lucky T6 owners.
Cheers for setting that straight.
Phil - What do you reckon on a recent software update could have caused the influx of Coolant Valves being stuck? Seems a wide range of T6.1 'suddenly' showing up with the same issue. Or is that hyperbole?

Back