VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master
Heres another Sunday special for you all :

TPI - Vehicle pulls slightly to one side

Technical product information Transaction No.: 2005793/9
Vehicle pulls slightly to one side Release date: 04-Aug-2016

Customer statement / workshop findings
Vehicle pulls slightly to the right or left.

Technical background
Because of the wider tyres and the more comfortable running gear the vehicle follows the incline of the road and the customer has the subjective feeling that his vehicle pulls to one side. On level roads this is not the case.

Measure
A replacement does not fix the problem and will be redebited

well, thats-that then !!!!!!!!!

Dellmassive,

Thank you for this information. It's does appear VW have put a line in the sand so to speak. Would have expected a consistent message from the dealers as this is an official TPI!

I might be tempted to book a test drive in a brand new van to check this out

Tighten/Replace subframe bolts…
150nm + 180° …. this was not enough for my “arm” torque requirement, the front bolts still felt soft, I pulled them in total I would say 270° after the torque wrench,
I had a 4ft bar and after the extra 90° I put on the bolts, you do really feel them tighten fully and the softness disappears…
My T5 does not wander into cambers now, it has silly size 20’s and berkshire roads are awful.
I dropped my front subframe twice recently and used new bolts both times, so you could say I got the feel for them… below is a picture I took when I first dropped it, look at the rubbed shavings from bushes wallowing a bit… again I was told the subframes dont shift, my dragging it out the kerb said otherwise.. bushes were un-phased..
It drives amazingly well for a 3ton box..

054DF2A9-8FB9-4035-A382-00F0202FC94D.jpeg

Last edited:
Back