VW assist

canaryben

Bit of a rant...some weeks ago I had my engine light come on, solid amber. Called out VW assist, they came out swiftly and the guy cleared the codes. I'm not sure he should have done this, he just said if the warning comes back on then call them out again. The 2 errors showing were the coolant bypass valve, stuck open and the other saying stuck close.

So weeks later inevitably the light is back on...I call out VW assist the codes are the same error. The guy refers the problem to my local VW centre and tells me it's drivable but not to drive the van, only to the service centre to get it fixed. VW call me the next day to get the van booked in, but can't see me for another 3 months! So I'm told not to drive it, but they can't fix it for months. If I drive it and the problems worsen then the warranty is effectively void for ignoring the warning light.

VW told me to call VW assist to get them to recover the vehicle as a breakdown and they can look at it. I call VW assist and they refuse to do this as the van is "drive-able" so I should drive it to the service centre.

I called back the service centre and they just said the service manager would call me back to resolve this issue....they never called. I'm self employed, and need to use my van so this is all a bit annoying. The van is still in warranty.

Anyone else had such issues with them? And this error? I'm wondering if I just bite the bullet and get it fixed by an independent.

nightmare. . .,

assuming you in warranty and this is a T6.1? ( not that it really matters)

if you are in warranty then you want VW to fix it themselves, going indy may effect your future warranty.

VW assist are very good - but if they say its driveable, then i get that,

so the complaint is against the garage for not addressing the issue in a timely manner, a referral from VW assist is supposed to be actioned in 48hrs - having a booking for 3months is not acceptable. ( have you tried an alternate VW van center? - though they will prob be the same)

so its time to kick some T6 butt . . . . . .

+++++++++

id call VW CV customer services dept and start a complaint / claim.

once you raise a claim, VW CV UK will start to chase up the situation and contact the local garage to see what's going on. - they will help you get it sorted. ( I've done this numerous times) ( remember the local van centre is just a franchise and they have KPI`s and targets including customer service claims against them)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you really need to speak to us direct, call 0800 783 4909.

You can also email us directly at customercare@vwcv.co.uk.

Also, here are our opening hours:

By phone Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm

Via Live Chat Monday to Sunday 8am - 10pm

Please note the Customer Care centre is closed for all English Bank Holidays.

Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Complaints Procedure
Click here for more information

++++++++++++++++++

1711271620734.png

++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++

keep us posted with your progress.

Last edited:
Drive it to VW. Park it right in front of their main shutters then they wont be able to do ANY work. Moving, towing or removing vehicles from private land is illegal since 2012 :) (unless Police etc)

ps the advice above to contact VW is much better advice.

The guy refers the problem to my local VW centre and tells me it's drivable but not to drive the van, only to the service centre to get it fixed. VW call me the next day to get the van booked in, but can't see me for another 3 months!

Only VW Assist/AA can sort this. Call them back during normal working hours (first thing tomorrow if possible) and tell them you've been told by their breakdown guy that the van is unsafe to drive so can they please raise a work order on the VW system including the fault codes.
Ask them for the work order reference number. If they can't give you one there and then then call back an hour later to check it's been done. Once you know a work order is on the system then call back the garage and ask them to check. Once it shows on their system they have 72 hours from the time the van is dropped off (by you) to diagnose. Good luck.

nightmare. . .,

assuming you in warranty and this is a T6.1? ( not that it really matters)

if you are in warranty then you want VW to fix it themselves, going indy may effect your future warranty.

VW assist are very good - but if they say its driveable, then i get that,

so the complaint is against the garage for not addressing the issue in a timely manner, a referral from VW assist is supposed to be actioned in 48hrs - having a booking for 3months is not acceptable. ( have you tried an alternate VW van center? - though they will prob be the same)

so its time to kick some T6 butt . . . . . .

+++++++++

id call VW CV customer services dept and start a complaint / claim.

once you raise a claim, VW CV UK will start to chase up the situation and contact the local garage to see what's going on. - they will help you get it sorted. ( I've done this numerous times) ( remember the local van centre is just a franchise and they have KPI`s and targets including customer service claims against them)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you really need to speak to us direct, call 0800 783 4909.

You can also email us directly at customercare@vwcv.co.uk.

Also, here are our opening hours:

By phone Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm

Via Live Chat Monday to Sunday 8am - 10pm

Please note the Customer Care centre is closed for all English Bank Holidays.

Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Complaints Procedure
Click here for more information

++++++++++++++++++

View attachment 234225

++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++

keep us posted with your progress.
Thanks so much Dellmassive for your advice!
The Van is going in today and being treated as a priority. Significantly reducing the 3 month wait!!...I love this forum!

The lovely customer service lady was probably more annoyed with the whole thing than me. The dealership and VW Assist (AA) both playing each other.

Lets see if it actually gets fixed properly now... will keep you updated

Back