Electric Tailgate - Video!

Edd does it for Listers
Credit for this goes to @Eddcameron from Volksfit who kindly shared the details with me earlier and wanted to share it to the forum :thumbsup:
In the UK by default the tailgate will power open but not power close, to do this you need to hook the van up to VCDS and change some coding
Module 9 central electrics, go into the long coding and tick the box for comfort functions
Module 16 tailgate, go into adaptions list and find the entry for comfort closing and change it to active (also check comfort opening is turned on while there)

That’s would be useful to close from the key fob. I can open from the fob, and also made the key buttons active when in ignition so can open the boot from inside, shutting it would be good too.

Who has Sussex and can help me for some pennies?

Edd does it for Listers
Credit for this goes to @Eddcameron from Volksfit who kindly shared the details with me earlier and wanted to share it to the forum :thumbsup:
In the UK by default the tailgate will power open but not power close, to do this you need to hook the van up to VCDS and change some coding
Module 9 central electrics, go into the long coding and tick the box for comfort functions
Module 16 tailgate, go into adaptions list and find the entry for comfort closing and change it to active (also check comfort opening is turned on while there)

do you have any screen shots showing this as i cannot seem to find Module 16 Tailgate, or is there video of this being done.

Never done it myself so don’t have any first experience but when you go into the co trip modules area and are in the installed tab (the default tab view) I assume you should see a module called tailgate or similar ??

Never done it myself so don’t have any first experience but when you go into the co trip modules area and are in the installed tab (the default tab view) I assume you should see a module called tailgate or similar ??
No there is not one called tailgate , the instructions are not correct when it comes to the long coding, i was just wondering if anyone has done this,

All mine does is unlock from the key fob, not open. Shame really as it would be handy.

It is codeable - we just haven’t got round to having a play. Will let you know.

Can anybody post the photo of the switch number 8, please?

zrzut-ekranu-z-2018-11-21-00-30-29-png.31952

I am still toying as to where I should get it installed.

Reactions: mmi
Electric Tailgate Closing using my Key FOB

Today I got my largely equipped T6, I have the latest Vag Cable and lead that is wireless. how ever reading the new coding in adaptions its some what different than what we are used to.

Has any one coded a tailgate to close on the key on the latest model T6 2019 yet.

Thanks
Tony

Once in the controller for rear lid there should be an entry for comfort closing ?

This is a Brand new Version
None of the readings are as before
to read the Codes I had to by the new "Hex Net " Lead even so where we all knew the old readings with in the controllers there's appear different and not quite the same as well as the security codes don't pop up nor do what we had work either

VW are cracking down and it appers to me VCDS have not kept up with it

the new lead cost us £575 so not impressed really

I am interested in retrofiting the electric control of the lid on my T6
it seems that the component is not much needed if you have power latching for tailgate (2x drive unit, 2x lid hinge, control unit for tailgate, warning buzzer and a few other things)
but I do not know if there is a need to replace the lid of the trunk. Apparently, the electronically controlled tailgate has a different part number (7E5827025F) than the manually operated tailgate (7E0827025AL)
so the only thing that interests me is whether the tailgate really needs to be replaced

Back