Electric Tailgate - Video!

They have load sensing and just stop.

Yep but they stop once they hit something, same on my electric doors.

They are not clever enough to sense something in the vicinity.

Now You Lot........STOP WITH THE JEALOUSY - It's Great & I Love It - Simples :p:p:p:p

Yep but they stop once they hit something!
... so be careful that you don't walk away from it until you see it actually latch.... many Treg owners assumed it shut but it stopped on something like carpet and you get in and drive away leaving the contents of the boot on the road...

Nope, no button on the dash - I asked the question & was told it was down to safety.

Interestingly though the remote does have a button on the side (with a picture of the van with tailgate open) but this does nothing.......

Rubbish my Superb had a button on the dash & it worked of the remote.

@Pauly Your really slacking, I expected better of you on this one! Sort it out man & take my money!!!!

Last edited:
Our q7 has a button on the remote and in the drivers door. Would love to retrofit this if a sensible possibility.

Interestingly though the remote does have a button on the side (with a picture of the van with tailgate open) but this does nothing.......

That's standard. Both my t5 and t6 have it. Just unlocked the boot.

I ordered the electric tailgate on my t6 bit could have it because if the rear cargo for out. I personally can't see how my fit out would get in the way.

Have you tried holding the button for 2-3 seconds?

Does the boot button not work if you press it down and hold it?????
That's how it works on the Mercedes

I was told by the VW dealer I used, that it would only stop opening if it touches something? that put me off (if its true of course) the rear sensors are only active when in reverse, unless there is another clever setting that senses the rear door through the sensors all the time! would be interesting to know what is correct

Mine is not full electric but once near that latch it pulls itself shut and locks so I don't have to slam.

Back