Electric Tailgate - Video!

OK, OK - I'll just pop out & shoot another Vid of my Electric Tailgate, whilst I'm at it I'll Capture my Twin Electric Sliders & Factory Heated Swivel Seats - than to Celebrate I'll chomp on a Chocolate Bar from my Cooled Glove Box & then take a swig of Wine from the Bottle safely stored in my Comfort Dash.

:):p:D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::):p
and whilst your at it, see if a long press on the remote opens the tailgate.

OK, OK - I'll just pop out & shoot another Vid of my Electric Tailgate, whilst I'm at it I'll Capture my Twin Electric Sliders & Factory Heated Swivel Seats - than to Celebrate I'll chomp on a Chocolate Bar from my Cooled Glove Box & then take a swig of Wine from the Bottle safely stored in my Comfort Dash.

:):p:D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::):p
Ohhh you can't beat goodies, buttons and gadgets rule!

'Whatever' (said in the voice of my 10 year old daughter with the shakey head gesture) ----- no one likes a "Mr Smug". :cry:

and whilst your at it, see if a long press on the remote opens the tailgate.

I can now confirm that a long press on the remote side button unlocks the tailgate independently from the rest of the Van.

Over the weekend a mate saw the tailgate & questioned why it can't be opened by a foot passing under the bumper (like on BMW's, Merc's etc)

He recons it's an easy retrofit so is working on a mod for me.

but can you actually open the tailgate with the remote, and is there a dash switch leigh?

I have been looking into the parts to retrofit this and one part of the system shows a switch for the tailgate mounted in the drivers door card adjacent the window/mirror switches
It looked like (but not 100%) it was a caravelle exec door card in the picture and the button setup looked slightly different from a normal van/kombi

I can now CONFIRM that a long press on the KeyFob side button does indeed operate the tailgate.

My dealer told me that the button only unlocked the tailgate.

I had no patience holding the button but my missus sussed it out.

Happy Days!

Over the weekend a mate saw the tailgate & questioned why it can't be opened by a foot passing under the bumper (like on BMW's, Merc's etc)

He recons it's an easy retrofit so is working on a mod for me.
Hazzydayz do a retro fit kit for other vw models and they say it can only have a foot opener if it has keyless entry .

Back