Electric Tailgate - Video!

Very nice is there a button on dash or the remote though?

Nope, no button on the dash - I asked the question & was told it was down to safety.

Interestingly though the remote does have a button on the side (with a picture of the van with tailgate open) but this does nothing.......

Very smart sir.....i have a tailgate button on the side of my remote too , its just there if you want to open the tailgate only, leaving the rest of the doors locked. I image its dont work as it is a safety, so you dont knock any one out if there not paying attention ;)

They do come out with some bull...
My Touareg had a button in the front door, remote and above the numberplate. When operating remotely it just bleeps.
Like my Honda Accord 12 years ago had button on dash and remote used to have hours of fun in supermarket car parks opening ready for loading and watching passers by gawking!

That's the dogs! Got to sort that! It stops all the idiots denting your tailgate by pushing the panels, my T5 had dents all over.

Had an email from Volvo (used to have an XC60) touting the remote start and cold start heating feature on the XC90 now that sounds epic!

They do come out with some bull...
My Touareg had a button in the front door, remote and above the numberplate. When operating remotely it just bleeps.

Like my Honda Accord 12 years ago had button on dash and remote used to have hours of fun in supermarket car parks opening ready for loading and watching passers by gawking!

Maybe so but the Transporter has a big old tailgate - I wouldn't fancy getting walloped with it nor inadvertently opening it when another vehicle is 1" of the rear bumper!

I think its a bit like the comfort dash thing, now you see it now you dont :D

Both are available to order now i think.........dam to late again :cry:

Maybe so but the Transporter has a big old tailgate - I wouldn't fancy getting walloped with it nor inadvertently opening it when another vehicle is 1" of the rear bumper!

If the rear parking sensors sense an object it won't open. Hopefully that is, a narrow post might be a problem though.

Back