Electric Tailgate - Video!

Their should also be an open button on the drivers door- at the back of the lower compartment, tucked up in the far corner.

Anyone actually got this button or is it more cost cutting by VW!

When i was looking into this system through ETKA the drivers door button appeared to only fit a Caravelle door card so not sure if its caravelle only or an additional option option option

Thats really annoying as you need the switch to set a lower height- my garage has lowish beam right where the door opens . The diagram I saw had a switch tucked right up high in the lower compartment- you'd probably struggle to see it but it should be there as you need to press it for 3 seconds to set a lower height.

Nothing like clear easy infomation from a main dealer....!

Hi I'm new to this site just bought my first T6 . But would be great if I could get tailgate automated has already power button to open door from inside and also on remote control.

I have spoken to someone that's done it so know it's possible to activate via coding but no idea what the changes were

I got a price from hazzy dayz ,I think it was £2500 .

I just got a 2016 Highline T6 with the power latching tailgate but not the power lift opening struts. From above it sounds like it's possible but expensive. (Pauly and carlg with hazzydayz quote).

My dealer stuffed up my purchase and is offering to recompensate for the retrofit, but the VW dealer technicians say it can't be done (big surprise).

It seems, given I have the electric latching already, that I would need something like:
- the power struts x 2
- new strut mounts (are the mount points present or is welding/drilling rivnuts required?)
- a new BCM to control it
- wiring

I wish hazzydayz was in Australia then this would be an easy solution, but I just have to decide whether this is possible or whether to return the vehicle to the dealer for a refund while I can.

Help please!!!

It is possible but I abandoned the idea as it was working out more expensive than I was willing to pay, the electric lift taps into several systems (eg rear park sensors) and needs several cables running around the van
If you can get the dealer to supply all the parts and agree to recode new keys etc for you then there's no reason it can't be done if you are up for the challenge but I think it would be a reasonable amount of work and would require several parts of the van to be stripped out to install it all
If you do give it a go feel free to get in touch, sure I can help you out with the wiring and could prob make a partial loom for you ??

I was impressed in your other thread how you figured out how to retrofit the electric latching lock on the tailgate ... I would never have guess that it's the striker plate with the motor in it, but on checking yesterday that is indeed how it works, very clever.

I don't necessarily need park sensor integration, in theory what would be the minimum parts I need? The struts obviously, but is there a control unit? It would be lucky if it uses the same control unit as the electric sliding doors and electric tailgate latch lock (the unit that beeps in the side of the boot when the doors are closing :)

Are the strut mounts different? There is a cutout and rubber bung next to my current manual struts where it seems the electric struts wiring would go through.

I contacted HazzyDayz for a quote but they said it was too complex an install for a 'supply parts only' job (as I am in the southern hemisphere) and I suppose they also want to protect their intellectual property in how to do it, which is OK by me, I'd do the same in their shoes.

I reckon it would be an all or nothing job, the existing tailgate control unit would get replaced with a different one, the tailgate struts get replaced with the electric Rams and all the mounts top and bottom are different
I would need to dig out my notes and look at wiring diagrams again

I did a VCDS autoscan and there doesn't seem to be a control unit specifically for the tailgate currently - just the electric side doors. I wonder what normally controls the electric latch then in the stock config....

Local disability van conversion company said they could also fit an aftermarket motorised system "specific" to the T6, apparently the Transporters are very popular for disability conversions. Similar to this:

Your existing control module is stand alone and not connected to the canbus

Looking at the diagrams it seems I'd need at least:

7E5827851C motorised struts x 2
7E5827301 hinge, left side
7E5827302 hinge, right side
7E0959107 control unit J983, connects to CAN bus and BCM

It seems like each motor has 6 wires... 2 for the actual motor (so switching +/- must do open/closing) and then 4 for ?? end stop signals? pulse output to inform the control module how far the door has opened?

jpg.JPG

I'm just considering the possibility of getting the motors (and hinges/?? mounts for the motor struts which are definitely different to the manual struts) and using a simple relay sytem or arduino to run the motors. From the end-user perspective there is just a single button in the boot anyway. It would just be a matter of seeing how the motors detect "pressure" to stop squashing people etc... is it a simple switch output, or is there like a resistance value across some of those wires that the official control module monitors........

Is there any way to get detailed specs / wiring diagrams of the 7E5827851C motor struts?

Hi! I am new :).. My T6 has a Electric tailgate from the factory. it opens With a long push on the button on the key and Closes by a push on the button inside the tailgate. I would like to se it closing by pushing the button on the key while the tailgate is open. There is a company in the UK who does this, but since i live in Norway I need som codes :) Does anyone know anything about this (se the Attached video
)?

Hi! I am new :).. My T6 has a Electric tailgate from the factory. it opens With a long push on the button on the key and Closes by a push on the button inside the tailgate. I would like to se it closing by pushing the button on the key while the tailgate is open. There is a company in the UK who does this, but since i live in Norway I need som codes :) Does anyone know anything about this (se the Attached video
)?
@Pauly @Loz

Never played with a vehicle with an electric tailgate so afraid i dont know :(

Back