Plain water rinse with pressure washer
Snow foam (varies, depends what is around)
rinse
Autoglym shampoo via pressure washer, and by hand (two-bucket) where necessary
rinse
Degrease with Bilt Hamber Surfex HD
rinse
Remove ferrous particles with Bilt Hamber Korrosol
rinse
Clean wheels
rinse
Clay bar
Meguiar's Deep Crystal Step 1 Paint Cleaner
Meguiar's Deep Crystal Step 2 Polish
Meguiar's Deep Crystal Step 1 Carnauba Wax

There's probably another step ;), I may have forgotten something . . .

Takes a whole weekend, lasts three months. In between times I go over with Meguiars Quik Detailer, Ultimate or Gold Class use whichever one is on offer when I need more.
I'm guessing that might be a little more than the answer you were looking for :cool: :eek:

Removed the awning and got a blow-up one, went for car-wash proof solar panels and I just put it through car washes when it gets dirty.

I bulk buy Autoglym products and share with a mate. Only use liquid clay on wheels - I’ve heard of it damaging paint if left on too long. Pressure wash, snow foam (Bilt Hamber), pressure wash, 2 bucket wash and rinse. Spray of AG express wax wipe over, let it dry for a minute and buff off.

Every 6 months ish use the AG tar spot remover and give it a coat of AG Super Resin Polish.

Every 12-18 months do the whole clay bar & machine polish (DAS6 polisher) regime.

For me the AG express wax has been a game changer. Once you have got the paintwork looking good and waxed, it just keeps it topped up.

(I have 3 cars + van to do so its hard work keeping up)

I do get the comments about why bother - I like my cars and enjoy looking after them - others like gardening, golf, RC planes, bicycles…we all have our hobbies/interests :)

Too big to wash! Can’t be bothered anymore. Local hand wash 8 pounds. They do a decent job and I finish it at home. Same for the interior, happy to detail the interior once someone else has done the main cleaning…

What do you use?
Auto Finesse products mostly.

Snow foam - Autoglym Polar Blast
Snow Foam Lance - Autoglym Polar Blaster
Karcher K4 power washer
Two detailing bucket wash with Grit grids in each
Auto Finesse Noodle wash Mitt
Car wash - Meguiars Gold Class
Wheel cleaner - Auto Finesse Reactive
Wheel contaminant remover - Auto Finesse Irion Out
Traffic Film remover - Auto Finesse Dynamite
Wheel cleaner concentrate - Auto Finesse Imperial, really good stuff
Auto finesse wheel brush
Auto Finesse Wonder Wool - Medium Wheel brush - super soft and don't scratch your alloys, don't buy the Barrel Brush, it scratch my old alloys
Tyre cream - Auto Finesse Satin
Drying Towel - Auto Finesse Silk Drying Towel, amazing, dries my van in one go, no wringing out needed.
Detailing brushes Trio - Auto Finesse

Last but not least - Auto Finesse Pressure Sprayer to dilute Auto Finesse Imperial wheel cleaner 1 part to two parts water.

Hope the above helps.

Last edited:
I had my van SiRamik (sic) treated from new, wasn’t sure if it was snake oil & hype. 5 years on it still looks like new & gets plenty of positive comments. It gets cleaned in & out about 4 times a year after each major trip. I have a commercial Karcher steam cleaner at home, so it gets a hot wash with TFR, then snow foamed, then a 2 bucket hand wash with a sheepskin mitt, then a cold rinse with the Karcher. It’s never been polished or treated since the initial treatment 5 years ago. Water still beads off, bird shit & bugs wash straight off. I’d definitely have the same done again on my next van.

Last edited:
Ceramic coating works if you have it applied correctly and the paintwork is immaculate when its applied.

I have had it done on past cars and its awesome, but expensive.

I had my van Seramik treated from new, wasn’t sure if it was snake oil & hype. 5 years on it still looks like new & gets plenty of positive comments. It gets cleaned in & out about 4 times a year after each major trip. I have a commercial Karcher steam cleaner at home, so it gets a hot wash with TFR, then snow foamed, then a 2 bucket hand wash with a sheepskin mitt, then a cold rinse with the Karcher. It’s never been polished or treated since the initial treatment 5 years ago. Water still beads off, bird shit & bugs wash straight off. I’d definitely have the same done again on my next van.
I've never heard of this product, but that's an impressive amount of protection.

How much did it cost on the van?

Would love to have mine properly detailed and ceramic coated but can’t fo with out it for work! I’ve never been arsed to wash vehicles in the past but now spend hours out there on a weekend getting her to look nice for the week ahead! I use combination of auto Glym for snow foams etc bilt hamber for decontamination and gtechnic for protection

Back