Karcher just gave up the ghost.

These things are useful for helping stopping the hose tangle.

Had several Karchers over the years, none of them ever lasted more than 3 years so gave up on them. Currently have a Nilfisk E160. Far, far better than any of the Karchers I've ever had and now just approaching 4 years old.

@Skyliner33
My Karcher K5 has suddenly packed up a few times over the past 10years.
It’s always been either the motor start capacitor that’s just needed replacing or the micro switches on mine.
They are usually a cheap fix.

That’s unless the motor has gone totally as the bearings are water cooled, as bleeding the air out religiously b4 running is what generally causes that, & then you may as well replace the whole thing

Also Karcher do run a repair service themselves. If they can’t fix it they offer you refurbed unit at a decent price or discount on a new one

Sh1t website though. Moved on to somewhere else as a result.
OUCH... reminder that your service is only as good in the eye of the passer-by as your (grubby?) shop-window...

Important note to self to ensure EVERY bit of one's website is tip-top!

OUCH... reminder that your service is only as good in the eye of the passer-by as your (grubby?) shop-window...

Important note to self to ensure EVERY bit of one's website is tip-top!
True, I have studied Interactive Media and Web Design, and written websites so bad ones get passed by.

With mine, oil in pump leaked over time through the piston seals. Eventually the swash plate ran dry and ate the bearings. I found a replacement on eBay, and topped up the oil (special stuff for the job, with anti-foam agent).

Just when I had decided to get karcher again @Ali-G @Runwithscissors and @Phil Blackburn comment :/ lol.
Those dont come up in the best buy reviews I can find, and they are not exactly in Karcher price league.

Thanks @fezza68 but I would rather not have a refurb unit.
My K2 came from there 7 years ago. For £25.
It was absolutely like brand new but in a plain box. It was used for hour after hour for days when renovating my house.
It gets hammered for doing the decking/patio/van and it’s still going strong (with a slight leak)

OK, my Karcher has just packed up. Its not the fuse and I can't think of a simple fix. Its not great anyway (K3 total control iirc), and always had a bit of a smell when using it.

So now I am thinking of options and would like advice.

I could upgrade the Karcher top a K4 or K5. This would allow me to keep using the same snow foam lance, stubby jet spray handle gun thingy, and the new long hose I bought a couple of months ago.

The alternative is to swap brands to something like a Nilfisk, but would require all new accessories as well, adding another £100 or so to the cost.
Would this one cut the mustrad, or better with a karcher K4?

Would appreciate peoples thoughts.
TIA
probably an air lock that makes the electrics not work? if not karcher go for nilfisk or kranzle depending on budget

Quite a few are advocating Nilfisk….are they that good?

And there I was thinking that Karcher was the best going (German engineering and all that!)

I'm pretty sure that Nilfisk are regarded as one of, if not  the best amongst the professional detailing community.

Quite a few are advocating Nilfisk….are they that good?

And there I was thinking that Karcher was the best going (German engineering and all that!)

I'm pretty sure that Nilfisk are regarded as one of, if not  the best amongst the professional detailing community.
I have done quite a bit of research and it seems the highest recommended in reviews now is a company called AVA. 20 year warranty as well, if you service them at home.

Back