I mainly use auto glym products and have found the new rapid ceramic spray brings up the starlight blue beautifully.

Rinse with a Nilfisk jet wash, spray wheels with BiltHamber wheel cleaner (stinks!) using the free supplied detail brush, apply AutoGlym polar snow foam all over with said jet wash, another very quick rinse, hand wash with AutoGlym shampoo conditioner using a BiltHamber noodle mitt (came bundled with something of theirs a while back), add a shine with AutoGlym Aqua wax - applied with the car wet and helps dry it when wiping off. You can use it on the plastics and glass too so it’s easy. Takes a couple of hours all in but some of that is chatting to the neighbours.

My van is going in to be detailed and ceramic coated, not happy with some dull marks up side. Can't wait to see before and after! Posted earlier is it worth getting wheels done? Apparently windscreen amasing to do, motorway driving in wet with no need for wipers?!

My van is going in to be detailed and ceramic coated, not happy with some dull marks up side. Can't wait to see before and after! Posted earlier is it worth getting wheels done? Apparently windscreen amasing to do, motorway driving in wet with no need for wipers?!
You can do that with rain x

This usually relates to the hand car washes that are commonly seen on former petrol station sites, where they wash your car (and often launder criminal money) exploiting unskilled labour from around the world.
I doubt that it has much relevance to the type of detailer who can carry out a two stage machine polish and apply a ceramic coating in a clean well equipped industrial unit.

Do love the Auto Glym snow foam... Here's mine incognito mode for all you lovers out there! :mexican wave::mexican wave: bit of auto glym magma remover on allows, some alloy cleaner snow foam, good power hose, auto glym shampoo and other good hose down. Meguilars lamb mitt good job!

IMG20240416180308.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Pick up the phone
Call the valet guy
Open the gates when he arrives
Open the garage
Go back to work
Pay him
Admire the work

:slow rofl: :whistle:

I do occasionally do it myself however not very often despite buying various products and an AVA jet wash

When did the phrase 'washing the car' change to 'detailing'....? I can only guess when we stopped using rough dog eared sponges, a splash of Fairy Liquid in an old crusty builders bucket was the turning point? But still, it still grates with the over use of 'detailing' when all is being done to the vehicle is a dousing of snow foam with a fancy wash mitt and dry down with a towel better than in my bathroom.

I'll get my coat......or should I say my 'inclement weather heat retainer'?

When did the phrase 'washing the car' change to 'detailing'....? I can only guess when we stopped using rough dog eared sponges, a splash of Fairy Liquid in an old crusty builders bucket was the turning point? But still, it still grates with the over use of 'detailing' when all is being done to the vehicle is a dousing of snow foam with a fancy wash mitt and dry down with a towel better than in my bathroom.

I'll get my coat......or should I say my 'inclement weather heat retainer'?
For me, detailing is going beyond the basic wash method.

There are 3 levels in my opinion:
1) Standard/Basic Car wash (quick wash with hose, sponge and dry down)
2) Valet - Above but with the inclusion of inside the vehicle and maybe add a spray wax to finish the bodywork
3) Detail - 2 bucket wash method, decontaminate the paintwork, full clean etc etc and then followed up with machine polish and paintwork correction

For me, detailing is going beyond the basic wash method.

There are 3 levels in my opinion:
1) Standard/Basic Car wash (quick wash with hose, sponge and dry down)
2) Valet - Above but with the inclusion of inside the vehicle and maybe add a spray wax to finish the bodywork
3) Detail - 2 bucket wash method, decontaminate the paintwork, full clean etc etc and then followed up with machine polish and paintwork correction
I understand totally the differences, I own far too many products and have OCD issues with cleanliness on my vehicles. Just grates me with the overuse of the term 'detailing' on many forums + FB for a relatively quick wash and brush up. I'm now off to detail myself in the shower ......

I understand totally the differences, I own far too many products and have OCD issues with cleanliness on my vehicles. Just grates me with the overuse of the term 'detailing' on many forums + FB for a relatively quick wash and brush up. I'm now off to detail myself in the shower ......
I do completely agree. So many people have set up 'detailing' businesses on facebook and they haven't got the foggiest idea on how to actually detail

Back