Karcher just gave up the ghost.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
OK, my Karcher has just packed up. Its not the fuse and I can't think of a simple fix. Its not great anyway (K3 total control iirc), and always had a bit of a smell when using it.

So now I am thinking of options and would like advice.

I could upgrade the Karcher top a K4 or K5. This would allow me to keep using the same snow foam lance, stubby jet spray handle gun thingy, and the new long hose I bought a couple of months ago.

The alternative is to swap brands to something like a Nilfisk, but would require all new accessories as well, adding another £100 or so to the cost.
Would this one cut the mustrad, or better with a karcher K4?

Would appreciate peoples thoughts.
TIA

Stick with Karcher. They last forever usually. You might have been unlucky with this unit.
Car wash near me wash cars with Karcher K4 and that’s all day working 24h and 7 days per week.

Had a K7 for years....

Faultless.

Also have the stubby gun, and 2x high pressure extension hoses.

How old is it?

Have you contacted karcher UK? They might help with a repair?.

My old K2.94 died way back in 2020, I took it apart to find that the wobble plate circular bearing frame had disintegrated dropping all its balls into one side and jamming the motor. I made a new disc from thick plastic and rebuilt the machine with plenty of grease and it's worked perfectly ever since! The plastic was from a piece of discarded PVCu soffit board.

I bought a K4 recently to replace a burned out Nilfisk. I had stuck with Nilfisk in the past, but found that 2-3 years would be the best I'd get from them.

The K4 works well, with the exception of pulsing from time to time when it's on 'standby'. I've taken to turning it off when I'm not using the lance.

I’m very tempted but I think SWMBO would use it on me if I rock up with “another bloomin’ pressure washer!”

If you can’t fix it …we brought a refurbished unit from this place…..really great service :)

And they do services….Good old family business

View attachment 155803
Barlows gets my vote. Fixed my Total control, new switch, new head gasket (left water in, it froze) new lance (it was the digital one and I’m heavy handed) and it came to £130.00 with a warranty

I bought a Kranzle K1050 TST when my Karcher gave up the ghost, it feels so much more solid and better quality than the plasticy Karcher.
Don't worry too much about keeping your existing accessories, you can get adaptors, I had to get one so that I could use my Karcher patio cleaner with the Kranzle.

I've had my 2 k2's for 3 and 4 years now and mine get hammered,havent missed a beat yet and @£40 if they blow up who cares.

Back