Karcher just gave up the ghost.

I have done quite a bit of research and it seems the highest recommended in reviews now is a company called AVA. 20 year warranty as well, if you service them at home.

Interesting, I think they're fairly new.
My comment was based on the research I did on the "Detailing World" forum a couple of years ago when I bought my Kranzle. :)

I use a Karcher K4 Compact, I'm on my second since 1997, absolutely fine and only bought the second one as it came up on the Karcher outlet store and gave the first one to my neighbour and it's still working.
Only paid £70 for the second one.
Currently £211 on mano

I got my upright K4 from Screwfix. £200 at the moment.

Interesting, I think they're fairly new.
My comment was based on the research I did on the "Detailing World" forum a couple of years ago when I bought my Kranzle. :)
Well i pulled the plug on an AVA. Will report back.
Apparently AVA founders left Karcher and improved on those designs.

My tuppence worth, I've had many mid range Karcher and Nilfisk (circa £150 - £250) non of them have lasted past 18months . I've had everything go wrong from a seal blowing to terminal failures. I've also had hoses that tie themselves in knots and wear through with vibration (standard on all models) and Lances break. I'm not rough with my stuff but it does get used tirelessly.
I spoke to a karcher representative who told me to avoid the yellow machines they are only built to last 40hrs use !
I've since bought an industrial grey karcher , the difference in quality is phenomenal. Brass pump not plastic, proper 10m hose that doesn't tie itself in knots, oil cooled motor, stainless pistons , all brass fittings etc etc . The thing just works and goes on an on. Yes it cost me a lot more but for hassle free operation and longevity absolutely worth it.
Buy cheap buy twice!

I've got 2 k2's and had them for over 2 years and they get abused and are still going strong. Got them from karcher outlet.co.uk for £45 a piece so i dont care if they give up il just buy some more.I just make sure theyre are empty of water when I've used them.

If you are the preferred side of 50 it’s probably worth buying a Karcher Professional pressure washer, they are indestructible If used correctly. Well worth the additional cost.

If you are the preferred side of 50 it’s probably worth buying a Karcher Professional pressure washer, they are indestructible If used correctly. Well worth the additional cost.
Thanks @DXX I am just the preferred side of 40! I've now 2 pressure washers ordered and due tomorrow! The joys of the forum. The erbauer one will be going back. I've decided on a AVA Master P70 bundle. Was toying over evolution model as well. Will report back on how I find it! 20 year warranty (if do service yourself) sold it to me. Did not fancy relying on phone for fancy Karcher ones and no professional ones on the Karcher outlet.

Thanks @DXX I am just the preferred side of 40! I've now 2 pressure washers ordered and due tomorrow! The joys of the forum. The erbauer one will be going back. I've decided on a AVA Master P70 bundle. Was toying over evolution model as well. Will report back on how I find it! 20 year warranty (if do service yourself) sold it to me. Did not fancy relying on phone for fancy Karcher ones and no professional ones on the Karcher outlet.
You wont be disappointed with the AVA

So... First outing of AVA P70 Master pressure washer tonight. some size of machine. Washed car, jeep and van. Did a bit of green on wall and trialled patio cleaner. Does seem powerful. Does seem to take no time at all!

Surprised reading instructions that max extension lead to be used was 20m... Also tap could not be backflow type so will need to change that I guess. Can see design merits of evolution...retractable cable and more secure holders for attachments. Can see me using this washer a whole lot in coming months though!

IMG20230525171014.jpg

Back