Deaky’s Kombi to Camper journey

Ah of course- it’s a bit like a double pole switch that’s live on both sides in that respect. You can tell I’m used to AC not DC circuits. That’s another reason I’m kicking myself for not ordering the redarc then - the first being it seems much smaller than the victron which would help me squeeze an amp in there with it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Inspired by your thread I’ve taken delivery of caravelle front lower dash, door cards and steps. Waiting for my signature audio set up. Any chance you can help with part numbers for the sliding door cards, surrounds and clips so I can make my life complete?

Had a look and it’s like someone’s eaten alpha Betty spaghetti and got caught short. Sorry for the imagery but There’s loads of different part numbers for each part and I can’t see any titan black. Am I missing something obvious?. Do you know which lower door cards (number 20 on diagram I believe) you ordered? Also, any idea how many clips are needed for the card and to go around the window? Sorry I know you must have better things to do but I blame your addictive thread

Had a look and it’s like someone’s eaten alpha Betty spaghetti and got caught short. Sorry for the imagery but There’s loads of different part numbers for each part and I can’t see any titan black. Am I missing something obvious?. Do you know which lower door cards (number 20 on diagram I believe) you ordered? Also, any idea how many clips are needed for the card and to go around the window? Sorry I know you must have better things to do but I blame your addictive thread
I didn't buy mine new, they were off ebay so I don't know the part number sorry. From memory I think there are 7 clips around the window surround, you'll be able to see where they go in the metalwork around your window.

Hi Deaky, what model of Weaco fridge is that
I'm not sure mate, its 9 years old. I think it is a 65l one. I'll dig it out later and see if there's any info on it.

I'm not sure mate, its 9 years old. I think it is a 65l one. I'll dig it out later and see if there's any info on it.
If you don’t mind mate, I just bought a sliding tray and the Vevor 55ltr I bought is too tall without the tray in

If you don’t mind mate, I just bought a sliding tray and the Vevor 55ltr I bought is too tall without the tray in
It’s a coolfreeze CFX40

Reactions: Eli
After almost 5 years I thought it was time to treat my van to a new leisure battery. Been looking at lithium for a while but been holding off because my DC-DC charger wasn’t compatible. After looking at offerings from Roamer, Victron and Renogy I decided to go with the latter as they do a low profile 100ah battery that would fit under my seat without having to modify anything. A straight swap for what is already in place. I would have loved to fit something bigger but 100ah will give me almost double the useable power than the AGM it’s replaced

Here‘s the before pic

38235792-7ABF-4F59-81C6-ED23497EA871.jpeg

The Orion DC-DC I’ve fitted is huge compared to the Redarc it’s replaced but I just managed to squeeze it in, I also decided to relocate my starter trickle charger

C0CAD087-C0BE-42BC-99C2-18D98D7BD5A1.jpeg
EB026B98-4D15-4890-8F58-44CBF1CA57CA.jpeg
Everything in place, ready to drop the battery in

EDABAC72-7671-4C83-A986-103C89E566C2.jpeg
2315513A-AD74-47BF-ACF4-B65ED3DA72FB.jpeg

That Renogy battery would make one hell of a seat heater if the seat frame ever touched those contacts :uh run: .... but by the looks of the rest of the installation you know that, and the +ve terminal will be well protected :thumbsup:
It has a rubber cover over it from the original OEM battery ;)

After almost 5 years I thought it was time to treat my van to a new leisure battery. Been looking at lithium for a while but been holding off because my DC-DC charger wasn’t compatible. After looking at offerings from Roamer, Victron and Renogy I decided to go with the latter as they do a low profile 100ah battery that would fit under my seat without having to modify anything. A straight swap for what is already in place. I would have loved to fit something bigger but 100ah will give me almost double the useable power than the AGM it’s replaced

Here‘s the before pic

View attachment 170610

The Orion DC-DC I’ve fitted is huge compared to the Redarc it’s replaced but I just managed to squeeze it in, I also decided to relocate my starter trickle charger

View attachment 170611
View attachment 170612
Everything in place, ready to drop the battery in

View attachment 170613
View attachment 170614

Seriously neat work!

Is that votronic trickle charger still in place in the new install though? Might be worth checking if so, my recollection is that they don’t recommend those for lithium because the voltage of lithium sits higher than AGM over a wide range of SoC? There is an ablemail one that’s lithium compatible though I think.

Seriously neat work!

Is that votronic trickle charger still in place in the new install though? Might be worth checking if so, my recollection is that they don’t recommend those for lithium because the voltage of lithium sits higher than AGM over a wide range of SoC? There is an ablemail one that’s lithium compatible though I think.
I don't think @Deaky's starter is a Lithium battery.

Seriously neat work!

The Abelmail AMT12-2 is what I use .....

Seriously neat work!

Thanks for the heads up @t0mb0 Looks like more money to spend :cry:

Thanks for the heads up @t0mb0 Looks like more money to spend :cry:

It’s never ending!

Might be worth just keeping an eye on. There’s a chance it’s ok in practice, maybe just does a bit more trickle charging than usual because of the larger voltage gap?

Back