I think all of the connectors are the same, It's more that the BCM firmware or chipset up will be different to support these features.

HazzyDayz certainly seem to know a work around with the BCM, they are saying £200 + Vat extra if you don't have front foglamps. Either that or they have a cheap supply of BCM's as they're £300 to us from TPS.

HazyDayz are used by VAG dealers all over the UK because they understand the VW electrical system. Dealers can only follow instructions in the workshop manuals.

Just wanted to update the thread on the outcome.
A trip to Hazzydayz yesterday and they fitted a multifunction steering wheel with cruise control function and all working great!
They were more than happy to fit the steering wheel I bought on ebay.
Thanks Hazzydayz team!

Advise please,

Looking at buying a kit to retrofit cruise control to my 17 plate shuttle. The kit I looked at on Ebay says it cannot currently be coded with VCDS or ODIS to engines with adblue but they have a "new" software that can do it.
Has anybody got this to work?
Does anyone have any experience with this?
Any idea what this new software is?

Any help greatly recieved.

Cheers

Tanzi

No. Mines a 2016, but it's a euro 6. The euro 6 engine appeared much earlier in the people carriers, than it did in Kombis and PVs. In fact I don't think there was a euro 5 T6 Shuttle. Existing factory BCM took the cruise without issue. I wanted cruise on the stalk as I didn't, at that time have a MFSW and actually preferred it in this location. I've just retro fitted factory fog lights too. No issue there either. Just plugged straight into the original BCM connector. Here's my BCM if this helps

View attachment 40243

Dieseldonkey,

Were you able to code this with VCDS, just scanned my BCM with Carista and it appears to be the same as yours but heard you need different software to code it? TIA.

@Tanzi

I didn't personally do the coding, but I was there when it was done for both the cruise control and fog lights. It was VCDS that was used in both cases.

Hi - just joined the forum and already looking for help.
I have fitted a genuine VW cruise control kit (stalks and loom) for a T5 to my diesel T6 with the required modifications. I now need to get the BCM & ECU setup to use it. The kit seller can do this but he is the other side of the country. So my question is what can do the coding on a new 2019 T6 and what else is needed such as opening the bonnet? I have a copy VCP with old software which as expected gives a 31 error (out of range). From my research the latest version of VCP looks the best bet, is there anyone near Carlisle who has one and willing to give it a go?

You’ll need a copy of VCDS. You can find someone close to you with VCDS by going onto the forum map and looking for people with yellow pins

Thanks Deaky, from what I have heard VCDS does not work on 2019 T6's, the seller said it would not be able to do it in the kits description as well.

Thanks Deaky, from what I have heard VCDS does not work on 2019 T6's, the seller said it would not be able to do it in the kits description as well.
There is a new VCDS cable that works with 2019 vans.

Finally got it working with a combination of VCP (5.5.1) and VCDS (HEX V2 19.6.0) from unmentionable sources. VCDS coded the BCM and VCP did the engine module that VCDS kept giving a 31 error code. As I am new to this, VCP probably would have done both (which the seller now says in the updated listing).
The kit came from VW Tesside via Ebay. Wiring was fairly straightforward although the ECU wire was a bit tricky. All the wires had terminals that pushed into empty slots on various plugs except 1 wire that needed splicing into a + supply. The instructions said the ECU wire would need extending but it can be partially unpicked from the loom and is just long enough. It cost about the same as having it fitted as an optional extra but it is a company van and I was not given the choice. I think the factory fitted version would have included a MFSW instead of using a stalk from a T5.

I fitted that kit to a MY19 diesel T6. I used VCDS (19.6) to code the BCM and VCP (5.5.1) for the engine module. VCDS would not code the engine module, it just gave code 31 error. VCP probably could have done both but I am new to this.
It works perfect and not too hard to fit. All the wires had terminals fitted that just push into the plugs except one + supply that needs splicing.
The ECU wire is tricky. No need to extend it, just unpick about 1m from the loom and there is a hole with a blanking grommet near the battery to pass through the bulkhead. I think I drilled the hole in a different position which enabled the wire to just reach the ECU plug under the battery. The plug is at the bottom so hard to get at. Remove all the plugs above to get at the black one. I found it easier to access the BCM plug from above after removing the clocks. On older vans check your BCM is compatible first.

Reactions: DMV
Just reviving this thread as I must have missed something!
2017 t6 shuttle
Fitted mfsw, pin 9 and 10 connected.
Mfsw works fine with radio/dash/phone functions.
If I press the I:O on the wheel for the cruise then the horn sounds.
Steering wheel is a t6 (red buttons) wheel for normal cruise (without adaptive) .
I switched cruise on under ‘central elec’ and ‘engine’ modules in vcds.
What have I missed?!

Back