Wiering is wrong if Horn sounds when you press I:O
Get the VW cabling overview and look what you have to change.

Wiering is wrong if Horn sounds when you press I:O
Get the VW cabling overview and look what you have to change.
Not 100% that is the case as likely other stuff wouldn’t would work, and wheel is from t6 transporter. I’m still fairly confident I’m missing a vcds coding/adaption value somewhere.

Unless I need to run the cable round the engine bay to the under the battery like I had to on my old 2013 van?!

Last edited:
The is two different steering wheel looms, my guess is you have the wrong one

The is two different steering wheel looms, my guess is you have the wrong one

Thanks Paul, are there 2 looms even for 2 same wheels? Wheel was purchased complete with airbag and loom. No prob to replace it, any idea of differences between them? Can I purchase the other one from you?

I’m not 100% sure TBH I guessing one for cruise on wheel and one without, there is a separate loom again for one without mfsw buttons

Definately different loom between my no button wheel and this one. But as already mentioned, new mfsw was bought complete with airbag and loom, and removed from high line t6.
I’m thinking i need to either add cable to engine control under the battery, or I’ve missed something in vcds.
Anyone added cruise with wheel on t6 euro6 and could provide whether they had to add the wire across the engine bay, and what options in vcds they ticked to enable?

If your car had no CCS than it is likly that the CCS wire from Stalk or MFSW to ECU is missing.
This one is needed for using CCS.
But as i already said, if Horn is sounding when pressing I:0 than in addition to the missing wire, you have some error in your wiering add all.
Go to Volkswagen AG erWin Online get an account there.
Buy a 1 Houre or 1 day Flatrate, download all documentation regarding your car together with the compleete wiering diagramms.
Compare what you have done to how it is shown in the wiering diagramms.

Regarding Coding for CCS with MFSW on EU6 Engine, with LIN bus of MFSW connected to BCM T73b Pin 36:
ECU 01:
Set Byte 05, Bit 5

BCM 09:
Set Byte 29, Bit 6
Set Byte 09, Bit 3
Set Byte 15, Bit 0
Set Byte 17, Bit 2
Set Byte 17, Bit 7

With MFSW the Horn must be connected to the MFSW Controller inside Steering wheel Loom. I asume there is no error.

The CCS Signal goes from MFSW Connectur T5u Pin 5 ==> Connector T12ae Pin8 ==> Connector T41 Pin 11 and from there to the ECU Connector T94 Pin 45 (with Connector T10 Pin 1 in beetween)
I would assume that your old discrete Horn Signal from BCM to Connector T41 is still conected to T41 Pin 11 (That is the connector on the Stalk), and thats why it is sounding when you press CCS I:0

Last edited:
ECU 01:
Set Byte 05, Bit 5

BCM 09:
Set Byte 29, Bit 6
Set Byte 09, Bit 3
Set Byte 15, Bit 0
Set Byte 17, Bit 2
Set Byte 17, Bit 7

Many thanks for providing this info.
I didn’t have
bcm09
byte 29, bit 6
Byte 17, bit 2
Were not enabled, but have now - what do these options do? Vcds didn’t offer any explanation for those ones..

Last edited:
The CCS Signal goes from MFSW Connectur T5u Pin 5 ==> Connector T12ae Pin8 ==> Connector T41 Pin 11 and from there to the ECU Connector T94 Pin 45 (with Connector T10 Pin 1 in beetween)
I would assume that your old discrete Horn Signal from BCM to Connector T41 is still conected to T41 Pin 11 (That is the connector on the Stalk), and thats why it is sounding when you press CCS I:0

So in euro6 need to change pin11 to go to Ecu rather than bcm? Will this then handle horn also through can?

You need to change LIN Bus if you want to use GRA or ACC on MFSW and if you have a EU6 Engine.
See wiering of LIN Bus in the VW Wiering.

Byte 29 Bit 6 Set ==> MFSW is connected to BCM via LIN Bus Pin 36 on T73b (normal Use Case on EU6 Diesel Engine)
Byte 29 Bit 6 Not Set ==> MFSW is connected to BCM via LIN Bus Pin 17 on T73b (normal use Case on EU5 Diesel Engine)

And correct, you need to wire T41/11 to the ECU, via T10 Pin 1

But all this only works on EU6 Engine.
EU5 is different, not so easy, needs patching of ECU Firmware for GRA/ACC over MFSW

Last edited:
You need to change LIN Bus if you want to use GRA or ACC on MFSW and if you have a EU6 Engine.
See wiering of LIN Bus in the VW Wiering.

Byte 29 Bit 6 Set ==> MFSW is connected to BCM via LIN Bus Pin 36 on T73b (normal Use Case on EU6 Diesel Engine)
Byte 29 Bit 6 Not Set ==> MFSW is connected to BCM via LIN Bus Pin 17 on T73b (normal use Case on EU5 Diesel Engine)

And correct, you need to wire T41/11 to the ECU, via T10 Pin 1

But all this only works on EU6 Engine.
EU5 is different, not so easy, needs patching of ECU Firmware for GRA/ACC over MFSW

Thanks for all this info, very helpful for me and others to see this through to conclusion.

Ok so I tapped into pin 17 on t73b, but I only want normal CC, not ACC, so can I leave on 17 or do I need to move to 36 (and change byte 29 bit 6 )

Sorry GRA is German for CC.
So if you want to use CC with EU6 and MFSW than you need to connect the Lin of MFSW to Pin 36 on T73b and Set Byte 29 Bit 6
Everything else of the Lin Bus (Dorr Controllers for Example) which is connected to Pin 17 on T73b will stay there.

And again MFSW only works with EU6 and Pin 36 on T73b for lin

Sorry GRA is German for CC.
So if you want to use CC with EU6 and MFSW than you need to connect the Lin of MFSW to Pin 36 on T73b and Set Byte 29 Bit 6
Everything else of the Lin Bus (Dorr Controllers for Example) which is connected to Pin 17 on T73b will stay there.

And again MFSW only works with EU6 and Pin 36 on T73b for lin

Perfect! Thank you very much again for you time and patience.

I have ordered some cable and connectors and will report back once changes have been made!

If your T10 Pin 1 is compleetely Empty, so Wire from there to ECU is missing, too, than you can skip the T10 Pin 1 and wire directly to the ECU.
This will Electricly make no difference, VW only Designed the T10 Connector as CUT beetween Engine loom and Indoor loom.
This is only needed for easier production.

Last edited:
Hello
2016 Shuttle, Diesel Engine, Never had CC - originally standard wheel (no buttons) --- I have installed a T6 MFSW (patch wires T41/Pins 9 & 10 done - Volume, MFD, Paddle Shifts all working fine)
I'm now about to look into getting Cruise Control (Not ACC) working and have conflicting diagrams so would appreciate clarification please...
I'm getting the horn sound with I/O button pressed....
1. When removing EXISTING T41/Pin 11 (Brown/Yellow Stripe) from Coil Connector - do I just blank this off completely (not re-connect anywhere else) ?
2. Again can I just clarify please the New Patch Wire going to BCM T73b/Pin 36 from Coil Connector T41/Pin 10, can I splice this into the wire I've already run T41/Pin 10 that goes to T73b/Pin 17 (so in effect T73b/Pins 17 & 36 are linked to T41/Pin 10) ?
2. When installing the new patch wire T41/Pin 11 ->- T10/Pin 1 ->- T94 ECU (do I connect to Pin 44 or 45 ? I note above says 45 but my diagrams indicate 44 for models with MFSW & Diesel Engine)
3. Finally how have you all gained access to the ECU ? Does the Battery need to come out or LH Headlight Removed ??
Many thanks in advance for any help !

1. When removing EXISTING T41/Pin 11 (Brown/Yellow Stripe) from Coil Connector - do I just blank this off completely (not re-connect anywhere else) ?
Yes, Horn now is connected to the MFSW Controller inside the Buttons, and Horn Information is transfered via LIN Bus Wire.

2. Again can I just clarify please the New Patch Wire going to BCM T73b/Pin 36 from Coil Connector T41/Pin 10, can I splice this into the wire I've already run T41/Pin 10 that goes to T73b/Pin 17 (so in effect T73b/Pins 17 & 36 are linked to T41/Pin 10) ?

No, you only newly connect T41/Pin 10 to T73b/Pin 36
Depending on your Car T73b/Pin 36 can be already used, that is ok, than put the new wire together with the already used. That is the LIN bus which supports multiple slaves.
2. When installing the new patch wire T41/Pin 11 ->- T10/Pin 1 ->- T94 ECU (do I connect to Pin 44 or 45 ? I note above says 45 but my diagrams indicate 44 for models with MFSW & Diesel Engine)
The GRA or CCS input in ECU is:
EU5 Diesel (CFCA,CAAA,CAAB,CAAC)==> ECU T94 Pin 64 but CCS via MFSW needs patching ECU Firmware
Eu5/6 Petrol (CJKA,CJKB) ==> ECU T94 Pin 45
EU6 Diesel (CXFA,CXGA,CXHA,CXHB,CXEB)==> ECU T94 Pin 44
3. Finally how have you all gained access to the ECU ? Does the Battery need to come out or LH Headlight Removed ??
- Batterie out
- Batterie holder out

Last edited:
Many thanks for this Dnoermann, very much appreciated - confirms it all up !
Randomly the Black/Yellow Wire ECU T94 Pin 44 to Black Plug T10 Pin 1 was already there so I've managed to get the patch wire complete from ECU to Coil Connector.
Will complete the rest tomorrow.
Thanks again

Last edited:
Back