Cruise control indication and operation questions

T6Bob32

LWB PV Startline to Camper Conversion
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi folks

I've recently retrofitted a MFSW with cruise control to my startline

Apologies for the blasphemy, but on my Caddy, there's an indication of the target speed on the dash, see below. I'm wondering if that's an option on a T6? Can it be done using VCDS?
Screenshot_20230223-141548.png

Also, I've seen comments on a thread that mentions the 'SET' and 'RES' buttons on the steering wheel should increase or decrease speed by 1mph increments. Mine don't. They function as set and reset buttons, but I need to use the + and - buttons to increase or decrease speed. I admit this makes sense but again I'm wondering if this is normal on a T6 with factory fitted cruise

PXL_20230223_141858042.jpg

TIA

PXL_20230223_141858042.jpg

Haven't used mine for a while but IIRC the SET and RES buttons increase/decrease speed by 1mph and the +/- buttons increase/decrease speed by 5mph.

Last edited:
Thanks, I think the buttons issue might be a coding issue to be honest. There's a couple of changes I might try over the weekend.

Intrigued to see if anyone has the target speed on the dash

Yes, in my T6.1 high line the set point can be viewed on the dash.

My ODBEleven has an app to enable the 1mph increments on the buttons. Till now I didn’t understand why, as my buttons already do that.

in my T6 with factory cruise, i can increase and decrease speed by 1mph using the set and res buttons, it does sound like a coding issue. My clocks also display the speed the cruise is set to, but that might be down to your clocks as my old T5 didnt display it, just a light to say it was on.

I only recently figured out that by holding down the + or - it moves in increments of 1
:thumbsup:

Hey! Can I ask what steering wheel you installed? Was it from a transporter or a golf? Also is yours a t6 or a t6.1? Thx
The wheel is from a Mk6 golf. Not sure about the buttons. I mixed and matched wheel/button combos until I got what I needed. I was too impatient to wait for the right one to come up for sale. My van is a T6

The wheel is from a Mk6 golf. Not sure about the buttons. I mixed and matched wheel/button combos until I got what I needed. I was too impatient to wait for the right one to come up for sale. My van is a T6
Thanks, did you manage to get all buttons working eventually? Thx

All the buttons work, just not as designed. Not sure what the problem is. The cruise control works, that's the main thing. I'm not too concerned about the +1, -1mph not working as designed. I just use the + and - buttons instead.

Back