MFSW Startline retrofit

Hi All. 1st post for me so go gentle. Bought a MFSW came of a 68 plate high line to fit to my 67 plate start line. All controls work par the cruise had it retrofitted by local vw company yet there struggling with the cruise. The buttons on the cruise actually activate the horn also bought the cruise control stalk but really want the cruise to work off the wheel. Has anyone got idea of were my garage has gone wrong. Many thanks

I’m in EXACTLY same situation, would really welcome (as I’m sure many others would) any info relating to a solution if you managed to get it sorted.

Depends on the Engine that you have.

I am not Shure but i will propose a Theorie.
- EU5 Engine ==> always Cruise on Stalk
- EU6 Engine ==> alwayy Cruise in MFSW

Probably there could be a EU6 Engine with Cruise on Stalk, if so, this can be changed easy.
- Retrofit MFSW
- Coding

With EU5 Engine Cruise on MFSW is not supported.
You need to patch the ECU Firmware to enable Cruise over MFSW with EU5 this is complicated but not impossible.
Fully agree but for Euro5 there is another handy option to use MFSW for cruise control. Simple and inexpensive "cruise control emulator " a plug and play box needs to be installed. @Evgeni has it already installed and it works!
This unit was developed by Slavik a very smart Polo 6R owner:thumbsup:

More details below.

Fully agree but for Euro5 there is another handy option to use MFSW for cruise control. Simple and inexpensive "cruise control emulator " a plug and play box needs to be installed. @Evgeni has it already installed and it works!
This unit was developed by Slavik a very smart Polo 6R owner:thumbsup:
Would the stalk that is cruise on need to be removed and a normal stalk put in its place? @Evgeni can you pm me a cost and where this emulator is from please.

Need more info about your van and steering wheel. and your van does have CC or need wire loom as well
Ok @Evgeni , so I've got a Euro 5, startline, without cruise control and no multi function wheel, I have however purchased a Mfsw from a T6 that has the "cancel " button on the left not the "mode" button...
So I will need all the other bits, loom and anything else needed, I do have a hex-net so can set up as needed.

Last edited:
Ok @Evgeni , so I've got a Euro 5, startline, without cruise control and no multi function wheel, I have however purchased a Mfsw from a T6 that has the "cancel " button on the left not the "mode" button...
So I will need all the other bits, loom and anything else needed, I do have a hex-net so can set up as needed.
Do you know part number of your BCM? Need to know if BCM is compatible with MFSW and CC.

Morning @Evgeni , ok I have now pulled out the BCM and taken the number I think you need off of the front case,
7E0937090 BCM PQ25

Hope this is more useful!

Back