MFSW Startline retrofit

KIRK FARRELL

Hi All. 1st post for me so go gentle. Bought a MFSW came of a 68 plate high line to fit to my 67 plate start line. All controls work par the cruise had it retrofitted by local vw company yet there struggling with the cruise. The buttons on the cruise actually activate the horn also bought the cruise control stalk but really want the cruise to work off the wheel. Has anyone got idea of were my garage has gone wrong. Many thanks

Old and new wheel even the lads at vw garage can,t get there head this. All controls are working par the cruise. HELP

20191004_093111.jpg

20191002_161318.jpg

Have they run the new LIN bus wire to the Engine control module?

If you never had cruise before, this wire will be missing?

The RHS buttons use s separate LIN BUS wire to the BCM.

Schematic in the link above.

Genuine not sure, but all other controls do work
So frustrating this, do you have wiring diagram for this Dellmassive ? or a idea what goes were etc.
My van never had cruise before
Thanks a lot though much appreciated mate

Show the schematic to your fitters....

They will.most likely find that the LIN bus wire is missing from the CC buttons MFSW to the Engine control module.

It's all shown on the link above.

Show the schematic to your fitters....

They will.most likely find that the LIN bus wire is missing from the CC buttons MFSW to the Engine control module.

It's all shown on the link above.

Corect, but the Cable from CC buttons MFSW to ECU is no LIN Bus, it is called the GRA, or CCS Line, and it is a Simple 12V On/Off signal.

Just looking at this thread. How difficult would it be to change a van that has a multifunction steering wheel but cruise on the stalk to a steering wheel with cruise on the wheel?

In theory shouldn’t be too difficult if you know any required coding
The cruise cable from the engine bay will need to be rerouted from the stalk plug to the slip ring connector

I have only spoken to one retrofitted who has done it and he said it was a pain in the ass and took ages to get right and he didn’t want to do another
I have cruise on the stalk and am not a big fan of it so always have an eye out for cruise buttons, if a set ever come up cheap I will give it a go

I have only spoken to one retrofitted who has done it and he said it was a pain in the ass and took ages to get right and he didn’t want to do another
I have cruise on the stalk and am not a big fan of it so always have an eye out for cruise buttons, if a set ever come up cheap I will give it a go
I will look forward to a how to ;)

Just looking at this thread. How difficult would it be to change a van that has a multifunction steering wheel but cruise on the stalk to a steering wheel with cruise on the wheel?
Depends on the Engine that you have.

I am not Shure but i will propose a Theorie.
- EU5 Engine ==> always Cruise on Stalk
- EU6 Engine ==> alwayy Cruise in MFSW

Probably there could be a EU6 Engine with Cruise on Stalk, if so, this can be changed easy.
- Retrofit MFSW
- Coding

With EU5 Engine Cruise on MFSW is not supported.
You need to patch the ECU Firmware to enable Cruise over MFSW with EU5 this is complicated but not impossible.

Depends on the Engine that you have.

I am not Shure but i will propose a Theorie.
- EU5 Engine ==> always Cruise on Stalk
- EU6 Engine ==> alwayy Cruise in MFSW

Probably there could be a EU6 Engine with Cruise on Stalk, if so, this can be changed easy.
- Retrofit MFSW
- Coding

With EU5 Engine Cruise on MFSW is not supported.
You need to patch the ECU Firmware to enable Cruise over MFSW with EU5 this is complicated but not impossible.

Thanks guess Im stuck with it on the stalk.

Back